Milliron Fest had low turnout

Some people at Milliron Fest partied in coats, while others partied in spaghetti straps. 

By 4 p.m., a few Milliron Street residents were playing beer pong, throwing footballs and blasting music. 

"I live here and I expect it to be chill,” Bobby Fleck, a junior studying music production, said." (Milliron Fest) will be a good pregame to Mill Fest. There won’t be anything super crazy tonight.”

Fleck and Scott Kutil, a junior studying music business and management, are founders and owners of Brick Life Entertainment. They will DJ at house parties during Mill Fest tomorrow.

“Since we have to be up early, we will have a calm night,” Kutil said. “It will be fun, though, there will be a lot of good people and good music.”

More people joined the porch parties and kegs which appeared by 5 p.m. The sun shone, but the wind persisted. 

“We’re expecting a ton of people, warmer weather and more alcohol,” Mike Calvert, a junior studying business finance, said. 

Partygoers joined the few crowded porches. More music began to play and residents of the apartments came out on their balconies to participate in festivities. 

“Hopefully, no stupid stuff goes down (tonight),” Aly Jones, a junior studying pre-optometry, said.  

Jeremy Heglin, a sophomore studying civil engineering, said this is his first fest experience. He was wearing a Hawaiian shirt, cutoff jean shorts and a hat that read “I pee in pools.” He said he had “good fest attire.” 

“It’s been pretty tame so far, other than the guy playing with fire,” Heglin said. “The night is still young.” 

By 7 p.m., there were a few parties other than small porch parties. No police officers were in sight. 

Megan Pixler, a junior studying music production, said at first Milliron Fest was a “little sad” but she hoped it would pick up. 

The temperature was about 35 degrees. Pixler said she thought that could be deterring people. 

“I saw a girl in a spaghetti strap top over there, and I thought that was crazy,” Pixler said. 

Caleb Jacobs, a senior studying exercise physiology, had pneumonia, which he said hindered his night. He said Milliron Fest this year has not been like previous years.

“It’s not even close to last year,” Jacobs said. “Last year, we had to move cars out of the parking lot because people were jumping on them. It was absolutely insane.”

Luis Perez, a junior studying engineering technology and management, said he thought the cold weather was playing a factor in the number of parties.

“It hasn’t been bad so far, but I think the cold weather is affecting the turnout this year,” Perez said. 

@AshtonNichols_

an614816@ohio.edu

@FlanneryJewell 

fj206516@ohio.edu

@sarahmpenix

sp936115@ohio.edu