Police Blotter: People harass each other about trucks; trespassers stuck in mud

An argument on Facebook about trucks got heated on Feb. 24.

The sheriff’s office spoke with the two people who had the argument when both of them reported harassment from each other, according to a sheriff’s report. 

They said an argument began on Facebook over a disagreement about “Ford trucks and Chevy trucks.” Both of the people were told to stop talking to each other and to block each other on social media.  

A sticky situation

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a trespass complaint located at Ervin Road and US Route 50 on Feb. 26.

The property owner said two trucks were appeared to be stuck on the property. When deputies arrived, the trucks were indeed stuck, and they had entered the property without permission. 

All of the occupants of the vehicles were given trespassing citations and were told not to return to the property, according to a sheriff’s report.

The planter pot

The sheriff’s office responded to a Tedrow Road residence about a cultivation of marijuana complaint Feb. 26. 

Upon arriving, deputies spoke to the man who said that his two dogs had been poisoned and had died, according to a sheriff’s report. 

Deputies checked his property and located some painted buckets with potting soil in them. It appeared as if someone had grown marijuana on the property in the past or was preparing the site for this year.

Grand Theft Auto: Athens

The sheriff’s office was advised on Feb. 23 of a possible grand theft auto report. Deputies met with the person who called it in, who said their client had reportedly told someone they had stolen a vehicle, then crashed it late at night. 

Deputies traveled to State Route 691, near Poston Road, and saw the reported vehicle. They then spoke with the suspect. The suspect said they were angry with the business owner because the owner had made a threat to harm the suspect, according to a sheriff’s report. 

The suspect then stole a car from the business, deputies said. Deputies then recovered the keys to the vehicle and spoke to the owner. The owner of the vehicle and the business owner said they wished to pursue charges. 

Mom’s belongings

A women reported to the sheriff’s office on Feb. 24 that she had been told that her mother’s belongings were being placed on the porch of her residence and being destroyed. 

When deputies arrived, no belongings were on the porch, damaged or destroyed. Deputies told everyone involved “not to ruin anyone else’s belongings,” according to a sheriff’s report. 

@AshtonNichols_

an614816@ohio.edu