Athens County Sheriff's Office Lt. Aaron Maynard works during 14Fest in 2016. (FILE)

Man ran around house nude; old safe found in creek

Running around nude will not always solve problems. 

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call from Guysville on April 13 in reference to a nude male running around a house. Deputies patrolled the area but could not find the man, according to the police report. 

The brush blaze

The sheriff’s office responded to East First Street on April 12 about a suspicious man. 

The caller stated the man was seen running in the area about the time a brush fire had started, according to the police report. Once in the area, deputies found several people running in the area but none fitting the description given by the caller.

Drunken mother

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded on April 16 to Converse Street about a complaint of a drunken women being uncooperative. 

Deputies made contact with the complainant who said she had picked her mother up to give her a ride, and her mother was generally being obnoxious, uncooperative and refused to exit the vehicle, according to the police report. The drunken women agreed to be taken to her Trimble Township home. 

A safe creek

The sheriff’s office met with a Lodi Township trustee on April 13 about a safe the trustee had located in a creek. 

The safe appeared to have been there for some time because it was found in poor condition, according to the police report. 

Sleepy woman

The sheriff’s office responded to Scott Road on April 12 about a female lying in the roadway. 

Deputies searched the entire road and could not find the woman, according to the police report. 

The tired dad

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to the Fruth Pharmacy parking lot at United Lane on April 11. The caller stated a man appeared to be passed out behind the wheel of a vehicle with a child in a car seat up front. 

The driver was the father of the child and had pulled over to take a quick nap before continuing home which was further south, according to the police report. The father was not under the influence and after speaking with him, the deputy was comfortable allowing him to continue home.

A cause of events

The sheriff’s office received a call April 11 during an after-hours public event at Alexander schools. 

The call reported a man with a large knife walking around the school, according to the police report.  There were no reports that the man brandished or threatened anyone with the knife. The man did have the knife unconcealed in a sheath on his belt.

The man stated that it is a knife he carries every day on his belt and that he never thought to remove it before heading to the school to pick up his child. 

The male's information was checked through dispatch, and he was found to have multiple warrants for his arrest. He was then arrested and transported to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

Waiting for the bus

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded April 11 to the Fruth Pharmacy on United Lane about an employee's reporting suspicious people laying in the grass outside of the store, according to the police report.  

Upon arrival, deputies spoke with the people and learned they were waiting on a ride from the City of Athens to take them home.

@AshtonNichols_

an614816@ohio.edu