'The Incredibles 2' is one movie you won't want to miss this summer. (via @theincredibles on Instagram).

‘Incredibles 2’ and ‘Ocean’s 8’ among movies to see this summer

The summer can be long and hot, so heading to a cool movie theater can be just the thing to do to relax and cool down. Here are 10 movies to be sure to see this summer: 

Ocean’s 8

Debbie Ocean (Sandra Bullock), sister to the notorious conman Danny Ocean, plots a major heist at the Met Gala after she is released from prison. She puts together a team to execute a job that includes stealing a necklace worth more than $100 million. The team of crooks includes Helena Bonham Carter, Sarah Paulson, Rihanna, Cate Blanchett and others. This movie will come to theaters June 8.

The Incredibles 2

After a 14-year hiatus, the superhero family will be back on the big screen June 15. The film will pick up right where the last one left off. Family dynamics also change in this film when Helen (Holly Hunter), also known as Elastigirl, takes the lead and fights crime on her own. Bob (Craig T. Nelson), also known as Mr. Incredible, takes care of the children: Violet (Sarah Vowell), Dash (Huck Milner) and Jack-Jack (Eric and Stuart Bluth). Bob also discovers what Jack-Jack’s powers are. Frozone (Samuel L. Jackson) teams up with the family to defeat a new villain, Screenslaver.

Tag

For an entire month, an old group of classmates travel the country to play a game of tag. Oftentimes, the players risk their jobs and relationships to tag another player. This year is different, though, because the only undefeated player is getting married and the others are determined to finally take him down. This comedy will be in theaters June 15. 

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 

Four years after the destruction of Jurassic World, an imminent volcanic eruption threatens the dinosaurs that roam the island. Claire Dearing (Bryce Dallas Howard), the former manager of the park, creates a rescue team for the dinosaurs and plans to send them to a sanctuary in America. Owen Grady (Chris Pratt) joins the team, but they soon find out the dinosaurs are being auctioned off to the highest bidders. A hybrid dinosaur also escapes its enclosure, causing even more problems. The film will be released June 22. 

Under the Silver Lake

After his beautiful neighbor whom he has fallen in love with suddenly disappears, Sam (Andrew Garfield) starts an intense investigation. He searches all over Los Angeles for clues, and he soon discovers a much larger and darker plot than he thought. The investigation leads him to interact with celebrities, urban myths and even billionaires. This comedy drama will be in theaters June 22. 

The First Purge

This prequel to the Purge series takes a look at the very first purge and how it came to be. The purge was originally followed a sociological theory and was an experiment aimed at one community. The New Founding Fathers of America wanted to have crime rates be less than one percent for the rest of the year. When the anger of the marginalized and the oppressor’s violence go head to head, the purge spreads past the trial city boarders. This dystopian movie will be released July 4.

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

Starring Lily James, Meryl Streep and Amanda Seyfried, this sequel will be in theaters July 20. Sophie (Seyfried) is pregnant 10 years after the first film. Sophie is living on a Greek island and running her mother’s villa. Feeling conflicted about not being able to raise a child by herself, Sophie enlists help from Tanya (Christine Baranski) and Rosie (Julie Walters). She learns more about her mother (Streep/James) and has an unexpected visit from her grandmother, played by Cher. 

Christopher Robin

After growing up, Christopher Robin (Ewan McGregor) has lost his imagination. He works too much, spends little time with his family and life is passing him by. Winnie-the-Pooh (Jim Cummings) and his friends from the Hundred Acre Wood help Christopher find his imagination again. Pooh and his friends even make an appearance in Christopher’s child’s life, continuing the story of Winnie-the-Pooh. This film will come to the big screen August 3. 

BlacKkKlansman

This film follows the true story of an black police officer in the 1970s who plans to infiltrate and expose the Ku Klux Klan in Colorado. Ron Stallworth (John David Washington) was the first black detective on the Colorado Springs Police Department and was set on making a name for himself. After recruiting a colleague, Flip Zimmerman (Adam Driver), to go undercover as a new member of the Ku Klux Klan, the two take down the extremist hate group. This movie will hit theaters August 10.

Slender Man

After a group of high school girls do a ritual to try to figure out the mystery of the Slender Man, one of them goes missing. The girls start to believe their missing friend was taken by the Slender Man and attempt to investigate the disappearance. During their investigation, the Slender Man starts the haunt them. This supernatural horror film will hit the big screen August 24. 

@jess_umbarger  

ju992415@ohio.edu