Savannah Jo Dorsey signed a professional softball contract to play for DSS Haarlem out of the Golden League in Haarlem, Netherlands. 

Softball: Former Ohio pitcher signs to play professionally in Netherlands

Former Ohio pitcher Savannah Jo Dorsey (Seigneur) signed to play professional softball Monday with DSS Haarlem.

Haarlem is in the Golden League, which is located in the Netherlands. The Golden League is considered one of the best leagues in Europe, with the national team finishing fourth in the last Softball World Championships. 

Haarlem is situated between Amsterdam and the beach. It's considered the baseball and softball capital of Europe, and was the home to the 2014 World Softball Championships.

“This is an amazing opportunity to pursue each passion that I have, including softball and world traveling, while I continue my pursuit of my medical education during the school year," Dorsey said to OhioBobcats.com on Monday. 

She will play from the beginning of June until July 15, when the league goes on summer break. She will not rejoin the team, however, as she continues to study medicine at Ohio University's Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, where she will begin her second year. 

"For DSS and me personally, it's important to not only have the best players on my team but even more important to have the best teammates," DSS Haarlem coach Norman Ames said to OhioBobcats.com. "Teammates who share the same values on and off the field. And ever since I've been talking to Savvy it felt good." 

Dorsey will continue after finishing an illustrious career at Ohio. She finished as the all-time leader in wins, strikeouts, complete games and shutouts. She also holds the single-season records for wins, strikeouts and shutouts, with those all coming in the 2017 season.

She was the 2016 Mid-American Conference Pitcher of the Year and a member of the 2016 MAC First Team member.  

@trevor_colgan

tc648714@ohio.edu