Becca's season of 'The Bachelorette' has begun, and she has already handed out some roses. (via @BacheloretteABC on Twitter)

TV Review: Here’s who Becca gave the first impression rose to on ‘The Bachelorette’

Becca Kufrin got her heartbroken on Arie Luyendyk Jr.’s season of The Bachelor when he proposed to her and went back to the runner up. After the buzzworthy breakup, Arie became one of the most controversial bachelors in the history of the show, which made Becca a great choice to be the next bachelorette. 

Becca’s season began Monday, and it was definitely more interesting than Arie’s premiere. It was full of handsome men and crazy entrances, but the coveted first impression rose went to a man named Garrett. 

In past seasons when the women are handing out the first impression roses, they seem to pick them well. Kaitlyn Bristowe’s first impression rose went to her fiancé and so did JoJo Fletcher’s and Rachel Lindsay’s. 

“Whoever (Becca) kisses tonight or gives the first impression rose to, keep your eye on them,” JoJo said.

Maybe the same will be said for Garrett. Here’s how his first night went on The Bachelorette:

His get-to-know-me video

Garrett’s video showed he is a person straight out of a Luke Bryan song. The Reno, Nevada, native loves hunting and fly fishing. 

“I just love to have fun,” he said. 

And boy is he goofy. It’s night one and he already isn’t afraid to show his personality. Becca was the same way on Arie’s season. She kept it 100 percent real, and hopefully Garrett will too. 

“You only get one shot at life, and if you take it too seriously, you’re going to miss out,” Garrett.

The entrance

Garrett made quite the entrance when he showed up in a silver minivan. He wanted to show what he wants in his future, which includes a life with children.

The minivan was full of all of the necessities for having children: soccer balls and a diaper bag. Everything seemed very natural between Becca and Garrett. They were laughing with ease, and he even held her hand as he walked away. 

“Oh my god, that was good,” Becca said as Garrett entered Bachelor Mansion. These two might have a bright future ahead of them. 

His first conversation with Becca

During their first one-on-one conversation, he taught her how to fly fish in the mansion’s swimming pool. He even got her a fly that she could use for fly fishing. 

Becca said it reminded her of home and her family. She said her dad loved to fish, and she grew up with it. 

“My family would love him,” Becca said. 

When he got the rose

She made all of the other guys jealous when she asked Garrett to come with her.

“You made me laugh, and you made me so comfortable,” Becca told him. “Since he pulled up in that mini van, I was smitten by him.”

Before they joined the group, Becca got her first kiss of the season. 

“I just wanted to hold onto her for the rest of the night,” Garrett said. “I’m the luckiest guy in the world right now.”

Yes, you are Garrett. You better not screw it up.

He has potential despite media backlash

Before Monday’s premiere, many media outlets reported Garrett had liked offensive posts on Instagram, which he denied by saying his account was hacked. Though his character is questionable in the media right now, he could still be the last one standing on the show. He’s nice, goofy and Becca really seems to like him. One thing is for sure, keep an eye on Garrett throughout the season.

The Bachelorette airs Mondays at 8 p.m. on ABC. 

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu