Drama is stirred up during the first group date of Becca Kufrin's season of 'The Bachelorette.' (via @bacheloretteabc on Instagram).

TV Review: Becca has to deal with petty drama on the second episode of ‘The Bachelorette’

There is never any shortage of drama on The Bachelorette, and Monday’s episode was no exception. Though Colton confessed to dating Becca’s friend, Tia, the infantile confrontation between Lincoln and Connor was the focus of the first hour of the episode. Here’s what went down:

It all started on the first group date

Becca decided to treat her suitors right because Arie spoiled her on his first one-on-one. She got all of the handsome men dressed in suits, but they had to get down and dirty in an obstacle course with the help of Rachel Lindsay and her fiance Bryan

The men fought their way through several obstacles. The prize was a wedding-like photo with Becca and a kiss. The winner was Lincoln, whom all of the other men accused of cheating. 

“Kissing Becca is like flying to the moon on a pegasus where unicorns dance on a pot of gold,” Lincoln said. 

Maybe they were just jealous, but Lincoln was a very sore winner. 

Lincoln showed off his prize 

In their one-on-one conversation, Becca gave Lincoln a picture of the two of them together at the end of the obstacle course. Lincoln loved the gift — and he was not afraid to show it. 

When he rejoined the group of men, he set the picture up on the table in front of the other men. For good reason, the guys did not like it. At one point, Lincoln even talked to the picture and kissed it. OK, that is not just a little weird — that is a whole other level weird. 

“He was definitely being disrespectful,” Connor said. 

Connor did not handle the situation well

Connor told Lincoln that he should put the picture away because it was not fair to the other guys. Connor was acting as a sort of spokesperson for the other contestants, but he took it a little too far. 

Instead of just talking to Lincoln, Connor threw the picture into a pool and shattered the glass. That was definitely not the best way to handle the confrontation. The both of them should have just let it go. But Lincoln’s response was over the top. 

“That picture meant a lot to me. I was looking forward to showing my mom. My heart is broken. My picture is broken. I don’t deserve this,” Lincoln said. 

OK, Lincoln is just trying to get attention at this point. And why would he show a picture of his soon-to-be ex-girlfriend to his mom? He is obviously not going to win

Connor redeemed himself

When Becca found out about the middle-school guy fight, she was not happy. 

“It’s really early on for this, I’m not going to lie,” Becca said to Connor. 

Connor tried to reassure her that he is not usually like this and that he just wants to move past the first group date. She doesn’t quite believe him when he says it, but he changes her mind at the cocktail party.

Connor had a photo of him running through the obstacle course framed so she could throw it in the pool. The move was bold, and it worked because he got a rose at the end of the night. 

But, then again, so did Lincoln. Maybe this same thing will happen next week. 

Let’s hope so. 

The Bachelorette airs Mondays at 8 p.m. on ABC.

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu