The Bobcats practicing in Penden Stadium Thursday morning.

Day 13 of football camp: Injury report grows as Bobcats start final week of camp

The Bobcats practiced Monday morning for the 13th time during fall camp. It was conducted in periods outside at Peden Stadium, with a total of 26 periods over two hours and 15 minutes. Ohio wore full pads. Here are The Post’s observations:

ATTENDANCE:

Absent: Elijah Ball (season-ending injury), Tyler Tupa (leg), Javon Hagan (undisclosed), Andrew Meyer (leg), TJ Robinson (ankle), Kaieem Caesar (undisclosed), Marlin Brooks (undisclosed), Juan Watkins (arm), Durrell Wood (undisclosed), Mason Bernhardt (undisclosed), Jerome Buckner (knee), Felipe Fernandez (undisclosed). 

Injured: Jamal Hudson (knee). 

Limited: O’Shaan Allison, Zach Burks, Sam McKnight, Jalen Fox, Dante Ruozzo. 

Notes:

• After sitting out a week Hagan doesn’t have a sickness anymore. It must be an injury, but coach Frank Solich has not identified it yet for the media. 
  • Meyer sat out for the third straight practice with a hamstring injury. It’s an injury he’s had almost every year. It shouldn’t be a problem for the season opener. 
  • Jamal Hudson limped off the field during an individual drill and had ice on his leg for the rest of practice. 

OBSERVATIONS:

Sights and Sounds

• The only scout in attendance was from the Denver Broncos. 
  • The toll of injuries, no matter how little they may be, seem to be taking a toll on the Bobcats. For example, only four cornerbacks went through individual drills. That’s not what any position coach wants to deal with. 
  • Two days after being tackled at practice, Solich said he’s feeling a little sore, but pretty good. He’s more worried about watching film on Howard. 
  • Towards the end of practice K.J. Minter and John Gregory got in each others faces. Minter jumped on Gregory, and the offense and defense ran in to break it up. 
  • Sook Center update: There was construction going on at the entrance and it seemed like there was a large delivery for the inside of the academic center. It will be ready for Sept. 1, but how will it look?

Passing game

• Nathan Rourke was 20 of 31 in Monday’s practice. He completed passes to Papi White (five); Cam Odom (three); Markel Davis and Maleek Irons (two each); A.J. Ouellette, Minter, Connor Brown, Noah Hoffman, Shane Hooks, Darfnell Gouin, Ryan Luehrman and Willie Cherry (one each). 
  • During the third team session, Quinton Maxwell and Rourke took snaps with the first team and went over the same plays. It was a quarterback draw, reverse, screen and tight end screen. Have a feeling we’ll be seeing a lot more of this as camp winds down. 
  • Rourke connected with Minter on a great seam route in 7-on-7. Minter made a nice move to get some room for the completion. 
  • Maxwell was 19 of 24. He continues to impress in the backup role, including make a few passes in traffic. The only continuity in practices is he’s averaging a deflection every practice. Maxwell also dropped a snap, his first of camp. 
  • Odom, Davis, White and Camryn Snow each had a drop. Cherrie had two drops and Hunter Edwards had three. 

Defensive notes

• The Bobcats opened up Monday’s practice with tackling circuits. Although full pads were worn, it wasn’t too physical, but the circuits gave the defense an opportunity to hit a little. 
  • There was a bad snap midway through practice, but credit should be given to the defensive line for causing it. Offense must’ve felt that it needed to get the snap off fast. 
  • The turnover belt was not in action as there were no turnovers Monday. 

Special teams

• The Bobcats only practiced one aspect of special teams today: field goals. They’ve spent plenty of time on kickoffs and punts to this point in camp. 

NEXT UP:

The Bobcats return to practice on Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. Practice is open to the public and will probably be held at Walter Fieldhouse due to projected rain showers. 

@Pete_Nakos96

pn997515@ohio.edu