Duff's debut album 'Metamorphosis' was released Aug. 26, 2003. (Photo via @ImLizzieM on Twitter)

Ranking the best bops on Hilary Duff’s 15-year-old album 'Metamorphosis'

The same year The Lizzie McGuire Movie turned 15 years old, so did star Hilary Duff’s album Metamorphosis

The album was released Aug. 26, 2003, and touched the lives of every teenage girl in America. Duff, who currently stars in Younger, celebrated the anniversary on Instagram. 

In honor of the monumental milestone, here are all of the tracks on the bop-filled album ranked:

13. “Love Just Is” — The slower songs were never Duff’s forte, but that doesn't mean this song is terrible. Compared to all of the other songs on the album, this one just doesn’t live up to the rest. 

12. “Party Up” — Though this song is fun, the lyrics don’t match up to the rest of the album. It’s a good song to jump around to, though. 

11. “The Math” — This is the cheesiest song off her debut album. For those who loved math, it was a lot of fun.

10. “Where Did I Go Right?” — Just like “Love Just Is,” this song just doesn’t match the liveliness of her up-tempo songs. But it is fun to sing this song while moodily looking out a window on a rainy day. 

9. “Inner Strength” — This track is her best ballad on the album. It’s short, sweet and to the point. It’s also incredibly moving. 

8. “Metamorphosis” — The title tracks are almost always the worst songs on the album, but Duff managed to defy odds and create a solid tune. 

7. “Workin’ It Out” — This song features one of the talk-sing bridges, and it is perfect. The whole song is an anthem for anyone going through something troubling. 

6. “Sweet Sixteen” — This song was way better back when we were dreaming about being 16, but it’s still fun to roll the windows down and sing along. 

5. “So Yesterday” — This was an iconic opening song to the album. It’s always good to start off strong but not give away too much of the album, and that’s exactly what Duff does. 

4. “Little Voice” — If you listen to this song once, it will be stuck in your head all day. It features one of the catchiest hooks and bridges on the album. 

3. “Anywhere But Here” — Off the soundtrack for A Cinderella Story, this song really shows off Duff’s lyricism. It’s a great song to share with that one love. 

2. “Come Clean” — This was the song that was played in your bedroom after a long day. Dancing in your pajamas never felt so good. And does everyone remember the music video Disney Channel played almost every commercial break?

1. “Why Not” — This track from The Lizzie McGuire Movie Soundtrack never gets old. The beats in the verses kill and the chorus is the most memorable of any of her songs. This is Duff at her prime. 

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu