Police cars parked outside the Athens Police Department on Sept. 18, 2017. (FILE)

APD receives 10th report of sexual assault

The Athens Police Department received a rape report Monday.

The incident happened Sunday inside a residence in the Mill Street area, according to the report. The alleged perpetrator is known to the victim. The victim was visiting Athens from out of town, according to the report. 

The incident does not appear to be related to any previous incidents.

This is the 10th report of sexual assault — seven rape reports and three reports of sexual imposition — to APD so far this academic year. The Ohio University Police Department has also received four reports of sexual assault — three reports of rape and one gross sexual imposition report. 

This is the first new report from APD since Sept. 14. However, The Post received records for two rapes that occurred in June and September.

On Aug. 26, APD received a report of “rape (if victim is under 13)” on the east side of the city by a known suspect. According to the report, the incident occurred in June.

On Sept. 12, APD received a rape report of an incident that occurred Sept. 9. A 20-year-old woman reported she was a victim of rape on the south side of the city by a known suspect.

Both cases are under investigation, and no further information will be released at the time pending the investigations.

@ewagner19

ew047615@ohio.edu