Ohio quarterback Nathan Rourke calls out plays during the Bobcats' game against Howard on Sept. 1. (FILE)

Football: Ohio's game against Virginia moved to Nashville due to Hurricane Florence

Editor's note: This story has been updated following an official announcement from Virginia's athletic department.  

Correction appended. 

Ohio’s game at Virginia has been moved to Vanderbilt Stadium in Nashville, Tennessee, as central Virginia braces for the effects of Hurricane Florence.

The Bobcats (1-0) and Cavaliers (1-1) will face off at 4:30 p.m. EDT on Saturday (3:30 p.m. CDT in Nashville).

The Vanderbilt ticket office confirmed the game's new location early Tuesday afternoon, and a news release from Virginia's athletic department was released later Tuesday afternoon.

Admission to the game will be free, according to the news release. Anyone who purchased tickets through the either team's box office is eligible for a full refund.

TV broadcast coverage is still being developed by the Atlantic Coast Conference and ESPN. The radio broadcast of the game will be available on the Ohio IMG Sports Network.

The game was originally scheduled for a 3 p.m. kickoff Saturday in Charlottesville, Virginia, which is roughly 177 miles from Virginia Beach. Florence is expected to make landfall Thursday night into Friday morning, pounding the coastline of the Carolinas and Virginia.

Vanderbilt Stadium is a 40,550-seat stadium, and it has been the home of Commodore football since 1922.

Ohio is set to make $650,000 for playing in the game. The contract for the game, which was signed in 2014, states that in the event of natural disaster, national emergency or government action preventing the game from being played, neither party should be held liable for failure to comply or failure to appear.

@SpencerHolbrook

sh690914@ohio.edu

@Pete_Nakos96

pn997515@ohio.edu

Correction: A previous version of this article incorrectly named the time zone. The report has been updated to reflect the most accurate information.