Ohio's Meredith Howe digs to hit the ball in the September 20, 2018 game against Kent State. (File)

Volleyball: Everything you need to know ahead of Ohio's weekend with Akron and Buffalo

Ohio will look to extend its undefeated record in Mid-American Conference play when it hosts Buffalo and Akron this weekend for two matches in The Convo. Here's everything you need to know.

Friday

vs. Akron

Match time: 7 p.m.

Ohio record: 7-8, 2-0 MAC. The Bobcats went 2-0 last week against Kent State and Central Michigan.

Akron record: 8-5, 0-2 MAC. The Zips went 0-2 against Miami and Bowling Green.

Coach Deane Webb's words: "Akron, as I was watching their (video), they got swept by Miami, but they went five (sets) with Bowling Green. Akron is a team that maybe hasn't had as much success historically, but they were the most successful, I believe at least, the most successful team in our conference during nonconference, as far as their win-loss record. They're playing with more confidence now then what we've seen. ... They have better pieces. What I've seen on video from Akron, it's the best team I've seen from Akron in my five years in the conference."

How to watch: A live stream of the match will be available on ESPN3.

Saturday

vs. Buffalo

Match time: 6 p.m.

Buffalo record: 8-6, 0-2 MAC. The Bulls were swept in each match to Miami and Bowling Green.

Webb's words: "Buffalo, I did not see coming — that they would be at home, not just 0-2, but getting swept. I did not see that coming at all. They have been one of the most physical teams in all of nonconference. They played a very tough schedule. They're one of the teams that I feel are one of the very best teams in the conference, so I was really surprised, not so much that they lost, but that they played two really good teams. Miami and Bowling Green are, historically, really good teams. I was surprised to see the sweep. They're big. They're physical. They're a team that a number of really strong players that we're really concerned about at the physicality at the net."

News and notes

• Tia Jimerson (lower-body injury) is still being evaluated on a week-to-week basis. Webb did not specify if she'll be available this weekend.
  • Kyra Slavik has been nursing a hand-injury suffered during practice last week. Webb did not specify on if she'll play this weekend.

@anthonyp_2

ap012215@ohio.edu