Ohio's Meredith Howe digs to hit the ball in the September 20, 2018 game against Kent State. (File)

Volleyball: Three things from Ohio's sweep of Central Michigan

Ohio swept Central Michigan 3-0 on Saturday at McGuirk Arena at Mount Pleasant, Michigan. The win improved the Bobcats to 2-0 in Mid-American Conference play. Here's three things to note from the match.

Januszewski's strong weekend

Sara Januszewski broke a season-high record on Thursday, and she nearly broke it again on Saturday.

The middle blocker registered nine kills, two less than her season-high 11 kills from Thursday, to boost the Bobcats to an undefeated weekend.

Januszewski, originally supposed to be on the bench primarily in favor of Tia Jimerson in 2018, is now Ohio's leader in hitting percentage (.324) for players with a minimum of 100 total attacks this season. Jimerson has been out with a lower-body injury since Sept. 1.

Ohio's attack hitting its stride

The Bobcats' attack is finally starting to come together.

Ohio has hit for over a .220 hitting percentage in each of its last three matches and now owns a three-game winning streak — its longest of the season.

The Bobcats' .268 hitting percentage on Saturday was their second-highest mark of the season. In addition to Januszewski's nine kills, Katie Nelson and Jaime Kosiorek combined for 23 of Ohio's 46 kills.

Ohio also leads the MAC for hitting percentage.

Kosiorek can't inch closer to ace record

Jaime Kosiorek's torrid service ace tear has been temporarily halted.

The outside hitter, who's just 11 service aces away from becoming Ohio's all-time ace leader, failed to swing an ace in Saturday's win. It was just the fourth match in 2018 in which she failed to record an ace and her first no-ace match since Sept. 1.

After Sept. 1, Kosiorek hit an incredible 28 service aces in eight matches. 

The redshirt senior could still tie or break the record, 162 aces set by Stephanie Blackburn from 2004-2007, in the home match against Akron on Saturday.

@anthonyp_2

ap012215@ohio.edu