Carley Remmers (left) and Sara Januszewski cheers with the team after a point during Ohio's game against Miami on September 29, 2017 (Blake Nissen | File)

Volleyball: Everything you need to know ahead of Ohio's first conference matches against Kent State and Central Michigan

Ohio will begin its Mid-American Conference portion of the season Thursday against Kent State in The Convo. The Bobcats will also play Central Michigan on Saturday at McGuirk Arena in Mount Pleasant, Michigan. Here's everything you need to know ahead of the two games.

Thursday

Match time: 7 p.m.

Ohio record: 5-8. The Bobcats went 1-2 last weekend in Missouri.

Kent State record: 7-7. The Golden Flashes went 1-2 at their tournament last weekend in Indianapolis.

How to watch: A live stream of the match will be available on ESPN3.

Saturday

Match time: 7 p.m.

Central Michigan record: 3-9. The Chippewas went 0-3 at their tournament last weekend in Nebraska.

How to watch: A live stream will be available on Central Michigan's website.

News and Notes

• Tia Jimerson, who's been out since Sept. 1, was still wearing a boot at practice Tuesday. Coach Deane Webb didn't rule Jimerson out for this weekend but said the team is still monitoring her status on a weekly basis.
  • Jaime Kosiorek is just 13 aces away from becoming Ohio's all-time leader in service aces. Stephanie Blackburn, who played from 2004 to 2007, holds the record with 162.
  • Central Michigan was swept by Nebraska, the reigning NCAA champions, 3-0 last weekend. The Bobcats were also swept by the Cornhuskers on Aug. 31, and Kosiorek said Tuesday that Nebraska was the toughest team Ohio has played this season.
  • Kent State fell to Santa Clara, 3-1, last weekend in Indianapolis. The Bobcats played the Broncos on Aug. 31 and lost 3-0.

@anthonyp_2

ap012215@ohio.edu