Vera Giacomazzi sets the ball during the game against Buffalo on October 28, 2017. (FILE)

Volleyball: Everything you need to know ahead of Ohio's weekend trip to Missouri

Ohio will fly to Missouri this weekend for three matches in the Hearnes Center at the Mizzou Invitational in Columbia, Missouri. The Bobcats will play Drake and Missouri on Friday and Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on Saturday.

Friday

Game 1

vs. Drake (9-1)

Match time: 2:30 p.m. EST

How to watch: Radio broadcast and live stats will be available via ohiobobcats.com.

Game 2

@ Missouri (7-2)

Match time: 8 p.m. EST

How to watch: Radio broadcast and live stats will be available via ohiobobcats.com

Saturday

vs. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (1-9)

Match time: 1 p.m. EST

News and notes

-This weekend's matches will be Ohio's (4-6) last three non-conference matches of 2018.

-Coach Deane Webb said sophomore Tia Jimerson will not play this weekend. The middle blocker has been nursing a lower-body injury since Ohio's match on Sept. 1 against Wake Forest.

-Carley Remmers' volleyball career is over. Remmers said in an interview with The Lincoln Journal Star that she decided to "medically retire" after having her second back surgery last week in Nebraska, her home state.

-Missouri recently played a weekend tournament in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The Tigers beat Xavier, Miami (Florida) and Arizona State in three matches from Aug. 31-Sept. 2.

@anthonyp_2

ap012215@ohio.edu