The exterior of The Union Bar & Grill. (FILE) 

Weekender Briefs: Learn how to make crafts at the Athens Area Fiber Faire; enjoy some live music

Friday 

Crafternoon A Mile Together at the Ohio University LGBT Center at 2 p.m. The Campus Involvement Center, Survivor Advocacy Outreach Program, and the LGBT Center will be making t-shirts for the Clothesline Project. The project stands in solidarity with sexual assault survivors. 

Admission: Free 

TATTAT performing at the Union Bar and Grill, 18 W. Union St., at 9 p.m.The group plays a mix of soul, funk and alternative music. The Awful Kind, a band from Athens, will be opening the show, along with Bret Anderson.

Admission: $5 

Saturday

Athens Area Fiber Faire at the Athens Community Center, 701 E. State St., at 10 a.m. For the fifth time, the fair will have vendors, classes, food and demonstrations. There will be even more vendors with a large array of fabric, supplies, handmade items and more. 

Admission: Free 

"Carry Her: Sculptural Garments" on display at the Dairy Barn Arts Center, 8000 Dairy Lane, at noon. The show has artwork featuring bodily markings and the personal exploration of one’s body. The show will have sculptures with “personal truths” from artist Coral Wedel. 

Admission: Free

The Come On Come Ons performing at Little Fish Brewing Company, 8675 Armitage Road, at 7 p.m. The Athens-based rock band will perform on the Little Fish stage with a jazzy sound. The band’s music is described as infectious to dance to. 

Admission: Free

Lunar Earthrise Steampunk Ball at Central Venue, 29 E. Carpenter St., at 7 p.m. This annual ball will be lunar-themed and will have music from Amethystone and a performance by the Whiplash Tribal Fusion dancers. There will also be a costume contest. 

Admission: Free 

Wilted American Romance performing at the Smiling Skull Saloon, 108 W. Union St., with the Tailwinds at 10 p.m. The two rock bands will perform at the Skull. Wilted American Romance is from West Virginia, and the Tailwinds are from Athens. 

Admission: $3

Sunday

Dog Swim at the Athens City Pool, 601 E. State St., at 11 a.m. The pool is opening up for the dogs of Athens to come and swim for a day. The proceeds will go toward the Athens County Humane Society's low-cost spaying and neutering clinics. 

Admission: $5 per dog, larger donations accepted

Little Fish Yoga at Little Fish Brewing Company at 11 a.m. The brewery hosts yoga sessions every other Sunday with instructors Erin Pfahler and Maria Casa. The class is for all skill levels. Make sure to bring a yoga mat.

Admission: Free 

Bar Deals in Athens

Broney’s Alumni Grill: $2 draft pints; $3 Bloody Mary

Cat’s Corner: Sunday “beat the clock,” 2-8 p.m.: beer pitchers start at $2 and go up a dollar each hour; happy hour, 3-6 p.m.: two for $4 beer, $4 wine and $3 double well liquor

Cat’s Eye Saloon: Happy hour, weekdays 4-9 p.m.: Friday progressive PBR glasses start at 40 cents, 5 cent increase every half-hour; $4.50 pitchers from 3-9 p.m.

The J Bar: Sunday: $3 shots of Jameson, Jack Daniels and Rumple, $2 Arnold Palmer drinks

Lucky’s Sports Tavern: Happy hour on weekdays, 4-9 p.m.: $1 domestic short drafts, $1.75 domestic bottles, $1.75 mixed drinks

The Over Hang: Sunday: $1.50 well rum drinks, $4 domestic beer pitcher; Friday: $3 F-bombs

The Pigskin Bar and Grille: Happy hour 7-9 p.m.: $2 domestic beer, $2 well liquor

The Pub: $5 domestic beer aquarium; $12 rainbow shots (8 shots in total)

Red Brick Tavern: “Brick Break” daily, 6-9 p.m.: $5 domestic buckets, $1 well rum, $2 well Monster, $3 specialty Monster

Smiling Skull Saloon: 50 cents off import beer on Sundays; happy hour Fridays, 5-7 p.m.: $2 beer

Tony’s Tavern: Sunday: $1.25 Pabst Blue Ribbon and Miller High Life, $1.75 Hot Nuts

The Union Bar & Grill: Happy hour, 3-8 p.m. daily: 50 cents off all drinks and beers; Sundays: $3 margaritas and Bloody Marys

Movies to see at the Athena Cinema, 20 S Court St.

BlacKkKlansman (rated R): Friday, 7:10 and 9:30 p.m.; Saturday, 2:35 and 9:30 p.m.; Sunday, 2:40, 7:10 and 9:30 p.m. 

Fahrenheit 11/9 (rated R): Friday, 5:05, 7:35 and 9:40 p.m.; Saturday, 2:40, 5:05, 7:35 and 9:40 p.m; Sunday, 2:40, 5:05, 7:35 and 9:40 p.m.

The Miseducation of Cameron Post (rated R): Friday, 5:10 and 10 p.m.; Saturday, 5:10 and 10 p.m.; Sunday, 5:30 and 10 p.m.

The Re-Imagined Score: Modern Times by Duo Unprepared (rated G): Saturday, 7:30 p.m.; Sunday, 2 p.m.

The Wife (rated R): Friday, 5:15 and 7:30 p.m.; Saturday, 2:50, 5:15 and 7:30 p.m.; Sunday, 2:50, 5:15 and 7:30 p.m. 

@jess_umbarger

ju992415@ohio.edu