Frank Solich won his 100th game with the Bobcats on October 6 against Kent State. (FILE)

Football: News and notes from Frank Solich's weekly press conference

Coach Frank Solich addressed the media Monday to recap the Bobcats dominant victory over Bowling Green and preview the upcoming mid-week matchup with Ball State.

— Solich loved what he saw in the Bobcats win over the Falcons: "It was the most complete game we've played. It felt like all three units contributed to the win and were pretty consistent throughout the game which is what we've been striving for.”

— The cornerbacks are still rounding into form, but they’re coming along. Solich has seen growth in them. 

“Our corners have been fairly young. They had to really mature into the position and I think all of them have come a great deal. You can see the strides they've been taking game after game.”

— The practice schedule will change due to the short week. The Bobcats will have shorter practices, and they won’t wear pads through the week in practice.

“The only way you can prepare them is to get out and practice. There are really only four days between our last ball game and this one that they have off. Four days is not a lot of time, so you have to be careful with how much you practice and how you practice. We're not going to use pads at all. We'll shorten our practices which will be helpful to everyone. It's a little bit of a guessing game. Each team can be a little different in that regard as you prepare game after game, year after year to go up against that kind of schedule.”

— He’s not worried about where Buffalo is in the standings, even though the Bulls lead the Mid-American Conference East, and they haven’t lost a game in conference yet.

“We have to be ready to go and play four quarters of football because of the quality of teams we're playing if we want to get done what we want to get done,” Solich said. “It is what it is. We'll take them one at a time and see how it turns out."

— The Halloween Block Party is this weekend. In the past, the Bobcats have stayed at Peden Stadium during the Halloween Block Party. Solich hasn’t discussed it this year, but he expects his team to be mature: “If they want to win the MAC championship and they want to win, Halloween is just another day that just comes and goes,” he said. “You don't do anything different you just make it work. I expect our guys will be really mature about it."

— Running back Julian Ross is out for the season.

@SpencerHolbrook

sh690914@ohio.edu