Meredith went on a date in Thursday’s episode of ‘Grey’s Anatomy.’ (via @GreysABC on Twitter)

TV Review: Meredith has a new love interest on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’

Haaaave you met Ted? Well, if you haven’t, Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo) has. 

Josh Radnor, famous for his character on the sitcom How I Met Your Mother, made his Grey’s Anatomy debut Thursday as John. 

Meredith’s patient from the season premiere set her up on a date with John, a handsome software salesman. Meredith was apprehensive at first and even made a bet with Alex Karev (Justin Chambers).

“Five bucks says I can be out in 20 minutes and still spare his feelings,” Meredith said.

The date took place in a fancy restaurant, and the two of them really hit it off. Halfway through the date, John looked up at the bar and realized he was with the wrong woman. Meredith asks John if he wants to say something. 

“I don’t. I’m enjoying this,” John said.

They each text their respective dates and sneak out of the restaurant. They walk around and talk about what they want to do with their lives. John mentions something about desperate single moms, the one thing Meredith was hoping he wouldn’t say. 

It appears their relationship was over before it really began. Maybe the other guy at the restaurant would be better suited for her. Then again, this frees Meredith up to pursue Andrew DeLuca (Giacomo Gianniotti), which is what every Grey’s fan wants. 

Here’s how fans reacted to the episode on Twitter:

Grey’s Anatomy airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on ABC.

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu