The Ohio University Student Senate meets on Sept. 18. (FILE)

Student Senate: Board of Trustees will give a presentation

Student Senate is looking to pass three resolutions at Wednesday’s meeting and will have a presentation by the Board of Trustees. 

Alicia Lundy-Morse, chief of staff for Student Senate, said the Board of Trustees will talk about student engagement with the Board and shared governance, campus safety and regional higher education at the meeting. 

“None of these will be too in-depth, but just a broad description of how these topics impact the board and students,” Lundy-Morse said.

Out of the three resolutions, two of them involve appointing people into Student Senate positions. The first resolution will appoint Holly Vicker as the Associate Justice in the Judicial Panel. If passed, the appointment is to be made effective immediately. 

The second resolution would appoint Allison Shryock as Environmental Affairs Commissioner for the 2018-2019 academic year.

The third resolution will create a point system for Student Senate, giving points to those members who do not carry out Senatorial obligations, according to the agenda.

A general body meeting and Senate inservice count as three points, commission meetings will count as two points, and Committee meetings and one week of office hours will count as one point. If a member receives nine points, they would be referred to the Judicial Panel.

@SusieGr54264615

sg706817@ohio.edu