The core four of ‘The Good Place’ begin to crumble on Thursday’s episode. (Photo via @CWNewsReport on Twitter)

TV review: Tahani’s impending marriage sparks a twist ending on ‘The Good Place’

The Good Place is known for its plot-twist endings and Thursday’s episode was no exception.

The episode begins by fast forwarding through a year of lessons and group activities for the core four. Tahani (Jameela Jamil) begins to express some interest in Jason (Manny Jacinto) and agrees to hangout with him. However, Michael (Ted Danson) knows this will cause a lot of problems in the group and intervenes by bringing back one of Tahani’s ex-boyfriends, Larry (Ben Lawson).

Larry and Tahani immediately reconnect and decide to get married. They host an engagement party at Tahani’s temporary Australian house and decide they will be moving to London to prepare for the wedding. 

Michael knows that this is going to tear the group apart, so he confronts Larry and tries to get him to stay in Australia for the rest of the group’s experiment. Larry thinks that Michael is trying to mock him and berate him instead of offer him real advice. 

“You just want us to stay here so you can keep mocking me,” Larry said. “Tahani sees through all of that. And I can’t wait to move far away from the likes of you and I can finally take her last name.”

Tahani’s news sparks Chidi (William Jackson Harper) to temporarily stop the experiment so that he can analyze the data. This sends Michael into a panic, seeing as the group is splitting up. He takes to Eleanor (Kristen Bell) to set the group straight and get things back in motion. Instead Eleanor self destructs and makes a scene, which prompts her to storm out. 

Finally she decides to apologize to the group, where they catch Michael and Janet (D’Arcy Carden) sneaking back to the afterlife to reset the group’s timelines. Now the core four know that Michael and Janet are not normal humans and the episode ends with another famous “to be continued” ending.

Here’s how audiences reacted on Twitter:

The Good Place airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on NBC.

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu