Mariah Carey’s ‘Merry Christmas’ is one album to jam out to this holiday season. (via @portalpopmix on Twitter)

5 best Christmas albums ranked to get you in the holiday spirit

Now that Thanksgiving has passed, it’s finally time to listen to Christmas music without judgment. There are so many versions of every Christmas song out there, but here are the best albums to play on repeat this holiday season:

5. Wrapped in Red by Kelly Clarkson

In her holiday album, Clarkson adds a bit of tasteful, modern flare to Christmas favorites such as “Baby It’s Cold Outside,”  in a duet with country artist Ronnie Dunn. Her beloved originals “Underneath the Tree” and title track “Wrapped in Red” give listeners a new and exciting burst of Christmas cheer. The American Idol winner released the holiday album in 2013, and it includes special guests Reba McEntire and Trisha Yearwood on “Silent Night.” 

4. Christmas by Bing Crosby

Christmas is the true definition of Christmas classics; you can’t go wrong with putting this album on at your holiday family gatherings and Christmas parties. This is the artist that everyone hears at department stores while doing their holiday shopping, and Crosby’s voice will never get old. This compilation of Crosby’s best holiday hits is a go-to. You will catch yourself singing along to his dreamy “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” every time it comes on. 

3. That’s Christmas to Me by Pentatonix

Released in 2014, That’s Christmas to Me features both classics and refreshing originals by the A Cappella group. The group’s cover of “Silent Night” is pleasing to the ear, and many are sure to recognize “Mary, Did You Know?” from the album. Another Pentatonix favorite, “White Winter Hymnal,” is a song to which one can easily sing along. The group’s incredible vocals do many holiday classics justice. The group also has two other quality Christmas albums: A Pentatonix Christmas and Christmas is Here! 

2. Merry Christmas by Mariah Carey

Everyone knows Mariah Carey is the queen of Christmas music. Her 1994 album, which includes the famous “All I Want For Christmas is You,” is perfect for either background music or full-out jam sessions — fitting for a Christmas music fix. Carey’s distinct, powerful voice is present throughout the album on Christmas staples including “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)” and “Joy to the World.” 

1. Christmas by Michael Bublé

Taking the top spot, this album can put anyone in the holiday spirit. Bublé’s flawless voice combined with beautiful instrumentals and fun twists on classics such as “Santa Baby” make for a worthwhile, festive listening experience. The album features guests Shania Twain and The Puppini Sisters, and classics like “It’s Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas” and “Santa Claus is Coming To Town.” Bublé’s rendition of “Holly Jolly Christmas” is sure to please every Christmas lover.

@GordinMegan

mg525717@ohio.edu