Members of Faculty Senate vote on a issue during their meeting on January 9, 2017.  

Faculty Senate: Members hear presentation about sustainability hubs

In an effort to bring attention to Ohio University’s sustainability efforts, OU President Duane Nellis encouraged faculty to apply to become hub coordinators before the Nov. 13 deadline.

Nellis and Executive Vice President and Provost Chaden Djalali opened Faculty Senate’s meeting Monday night with the presentation.

“One of my strategic priorities is to elevate our sustainability efforts and we do have that initiative moving forward. We’re creating these hubs focused around different themes and we want faculty to provide leadership in those areas.” Nellis said. 

Associate Provost for Academic Budget and Planning John Day followed and presented a Faculty Compensation Task Force report and spoke on how the task force might go forward on reaching its goals of competitive compensation for faculty. 

“That plan had a goal to link the faculty salary in comparison to the other 4-year public universities in Ohio,” Day said.

Day reviewed national peer analysis, peer analysis limitations and investment qualifications.

The second reading brought forth by the Promotion and Tenure Committee chair Sherrie Gradin with the resolution to update the language in the Faculty Handbook was passed. The word “tenure” will be inserted when regarding anyone that must be tenured to grant or deny tenure.

The next meeting will be held on Dec. 10 in Walter Hall 235 at 7:10 p.m.

@reneetedian

rd063317@ohio.edu