Ohio University Student Senate Vice President Hannah Burke speaks during the body’s meeting on Sept. 26. (FILE)

Student Student: Members will vote on three resolutions and one bill

Student Senate will look to pass three resolutions and one bill at Wednesday’s meeting.

The resolutions will address an update to the appeals process of members for the Judicial Panel and appoint senators, while the bill will ask OU to establish a dedicated student veteran lounge. 

The bill to establish a dedicated student veteran lounge has been sent to the Ohio University president, executive vice president and provost, vice president of Student Affairs, vice president of Finance and Administration, OU student trustees, OU veterans coordinator and the dean of students. 

It asks for a space approximately 1500-2000 square feet to accommodate “over 500 veterans and military students who utilize the facility,” according to the bill. It would be located near the Veterans and Military Programs and Services center.

In the resolution regarding the appeals process, the Judicial Panel will clarify the appeals process for the removal of a senator because the rules and procedures do not establish an appropriate time frame for the process. This resolution would update the rules and procedures. 

The two resolutions will appoint members to the Off Campus Commission and Student Trustee Selection Committee.  

Senate members will vote to appoint Brogan Speraw as an Off Campus Senator for the duration of the 2018-2019 academic year. Jon Schlosser and Danielle Klein will be approved to serve on the Student Trustee Selection Committee for the duration of the 2018-2019 academic year.

There will also be three presentations on a semesterly public relations report, Student Senate Lydia Ramlo will give a budget report and Robert Rymer, the chief of the Athen Fire Department,  will also give a presentation.

Student Senate will meet at 7 p.m. in Walter Hall 235. 

@sarahmpenix

sp936115@ohio.edu