Alissa Ashley is one woman of color beauty YouTuber to follow. (via @alissa.ashley on Instagram) 

5 women of color beauty influencers to follow on YouTube

YouTubers have been shaping the beauty industry with their opinions since the inception of the platform. Women of color YouTubers work to make sure consumers are informed about the products they use, while holding beauty brands accountable to make inclusive shade ranges. Here are five influential women of color YouTubers making their mark in the beauty industry:

1. Jackie Aina

Jackie Aina is the auntie of the beauty industry. When she reviews makeup products, she gives you her honest opinion. That is hard to find because a lot of beauty YouTubers are getting sponsored for their opinions. She also holds beauty brands accountable when it comes to shade range in their foundation colors. She has done multiple collaborations with beauty brands who wanted to make sure they were being inclusive to all women of color. Aina continues to give her subscribers great content with her humor and calls the beauty industry out when she sees injustice, and we have to thank her for that.

2. MakeupShayla

MakeupShayla is one of the flyest beauty YouTubers around. Shayla always spills the details on how to make your makeup look flawless. She really focuses on the technique more than the actual products. She’s also super relatable with her catchphrases. You might even catch yourself using her signature lines in your everyday conversation. Not only does she talk about makeup, she also keeps us updated on her weight loss journey. She’s a true inspiration to her subscribers.

3. Alissa Ashley

Alissa Ashley is one of the OGs of beauty YouTubers. Subscribers have watched her perfect her skills along the way. She even got some of the biggest stars like Zendaya acknowledging her work and starring on her channel. She also takes amazing pictures. Her Instagram instantly will make you jealous because of her flawless photos. She even gives you tips on her YouTube about hitting the perfect angles, editing tools and camera lens to achieve a flawless photo for Instagram.

4. MsAaliyahJay

Aaliyah Jay is a must-follow on YouTube because she’s not afraid to be adventurous with makeup. YouTubers usually stick to producing makeup tutorials for looks that can be worn everyday. Jay reminds you that makeup is an art. She experiments with different colors and techniques to keep her subscribers engaged. People tend to look forward to her Halloween makeup tutorials because she goes outside of the box every year.

5. Nyma Tang

Nyma Tang is another YouTuber who holds beauty brands accountable in creating foundation shade ranges from the lightest to the darkest. Tang has a very dark, rich complexion and a lot of beauty brands do not offer her shade. A lot of women with similar skin complexions have the same problems when looking for a matching foundation. Her reviews on the darkest shade range are greatly appreciated in the beauty community and reminds beauty brands the importance of making sure everyone can enjoy makeup.

@ShadyAssDeja

dw165915@ohio.edu