Five gift ideas to get someone who needs a little piece of Athens

The holiday season is officially here, and one of the most fun and stressful parts of the time is finding the right gifts to give your friends and family. Whether the goal is to be sentimental, witty or even a little nostalgic, here are a few Athens-oriented gifts to give the people on your holiday list:

A Pubs of Athens poster

This is the perfect gift for someone who is a lover of everything from Court Street itself to the weekend life that Uptown Athens brings. Not only does it showcase everyone’s favorite pubs, but  also other Court Street favorites like Bagel Street Deli and Brenen’s Coffee Cafe. 

Price: $30 to $75, depending on size and framing. Purchase here

Athena Cinema T-shirt

At the heart of Court Street is the cute, little movie theater that plays the films that don’t necessarily make it to all the mainstream cinemas. Whether it’s for the series events hosted there or just for the experience as a whole, a T-shirt from the Athens movie theater might be the perfect gift for an Athens movie lover. 

Price: $24

Donkey Coffee to-go mug

Everyone has different preferences for their coffee in Athens, but Donkey’s offer of both regular and to-go mugs with its logo would make a great gift for any caffeine lover.

Price: Regular mugs are $11 and the stainless steel to-go mugs are $26.

Green glass Athens block

At Mountain Laurel Gifts, 25 S. Court St., there are a variety of locally made glass pieces, such as Athens blocks, a glass Ohio with Athens starred or even just pretty OU vases. These simple gifts could bring the Athens vibe into any room in an old house or a new apartment. 

Price: Prices vary depending on the artist, but you can get a ceramic Athens block candle holder for $45.

An OU drinking glass 

Almost every bookstore sells a shot glass, beer glass, wine glass or just regular drinking glass coated with the classic Athens colors of green and white. One of these may be the right gift to satisfy the thirst of someone’s need for the Athens lifestyle.

Price: You can get this shot glass for $6.

@AliceDemith

ad441517@ohio.edu