Photo provided by The Telegraph.

Fun News Friday: Robot staff sacked; customers report wood in chicken nuggets

It’s the end of week two, and the days may have started to drag on just a tad, but take a moment to relax and enjoy some fun and entertaining news that happened this week. 

Robot staff is laid off 

Worried about robots taking your jobs? Have no fear. Half of the robot staff at a Japanese hotel was fired after creating more work for their human colleagues. 

The Han na Hotel was the first hotel to have robots on the staff list beginning with 80 and then expanding to 243. Some of the jobs for the robots were dancing, greeting staff and assisting in guest rooms. But, the hotel found the robot dancers were breaking, and the receptionists couldn’t function as well as the human staff. 

Nuggets may contain wood

Put down the Nugget because Perdue has recalled its Simply Smart, Gluten-Free Organic chicken nuggets after consumers of the delicious treat found pieces of “extraneous” material: wood. 

Wild creature or emotional support animal? 

Remember the emotional support ostrich? Well, this emotional support animal is a lot more crazy. 

Wally is a four and half foot alligator owned by Joie Henney. Henney, who hosted her own show “Outdoors,” brought Wally to the Glatfelter Community Center where he made plenty of friends. 

Henney rescued Walley when he was a baby, and says he was domesticated soon after. 

Bully preventer for hire 

Some South Korean parents are taking a new parenting route. They are hiring “thugs” to protect their children from bullies at school. There are three different packages ranging from $450 to $1750 a day. 

Click to pray 

Done with Tinder? This app matches you with God. Pope Francis created an app that connects Catholics to prayer groups. 

@erinfranczak22

ef441614@ohio.edu