Rae Sremmurd will headline #17Fest on April 13. (Provided via @raesremmurd on Instagram)

Rae Sremmurd to headline Number Fest

The 17th edition of the Number Fest, or #17Fest, is aiming to be a real crowd pleaser with Rae Sremmurd as its headlining act.

The one-day event happening April 13 will also feature DJ Pauly D of Jersey Shore fame, along with Rich the Kid, Boombox Cartel and more.

The hip hop duo Rae Sremmurd first attracted significant attention with its single “Come Get Her,” which was released in 2015. A year later, the group’s most successful hit “Black Beatles” reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 in November 2016.

DJ Pauly D has been a touring DJ for several years after he gained fame on Jersey Shore, which concluded in 2012. Since then, he’s played as many as 150 shows every year around the world. 

Hip-hop artist Rich the Kid has more than 12 million monthly listeners on Spotify and is known for his singles “Plug Walk” and “New Freezer,” which features Kendrick Lamar. EDM artist Boombox Cartel is known for his blending of electronic beats with hip-hop and latin influences, and has more than a million monthly Spotify listeners.

Another notable presence for the Athens crowd will be DJ Trail Mix, or Mike Salopek, an Ohio University senior who has played in local bars and Columbus venues. He’s known for playing mostly house EDM.

Tickets for #17Fest are on sale now and cost $40 for general admission. The event will also be BYOB, which attendees can take advantage of for an additional fee.

@adeichelberger

ae595714@ohio.edu