The exterior of Rollerbowl Lanes, 28 Palmer St. (FILE)

Weekender: Wine and dine at the OU Inn; bowl with a live DJ

Friday

OU Art and Design Faculty Biennial Exhibition at 10 a.m. at the Kennedy Museum of Art, 100 Ridges Circle. Check out some interesting art and designs created by OU instructors. Continues through May 6.

Admission: Free

Self Care with Pride for Activists at noon in the Ohio University LGBT Center, Baker 354. The hour-long session will incorporate discussions on how activists can best practice self-care as well as social justice topics.

Admission: Free

Rock the Pins with Rockin Reggie at 8 p.m. at Rollerbowl Lanes, 28 Palmer St. Go enjoy a few games of bowling while listening to live music from DJ Rockin Reggie. Cosmic bowling will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. before the music begins.

Admission: $25 per hour per lane 

January Wine Dinner at 6 p.m. at the Ohio University Inn, 331 Richland Ave. Enjoy a delicious five-course meal with perfect wine pairings to go along. To make a reservation and for information on tickets, call 740-593-6661.

Saturday

Vintage Console Gaming at 3 p.m. at the Athens Makerspace, 751 W. Union St. Video game fanatics and beginners alike can play original console games on original consoles. The price is $10 at the door, but anyone who brings old games or working original consoles to donate for use at the next gaming party gets in free.

Torrin Mauck at 7 p.m. at Little Fish Brewing Company, 8675 Armitage Road. Mauck is a musician originally from Pennsylvania who is currently living in Athens. Enjoy his soft sound inspired by a range of genres and a relaxing night of live music. 

Admission: Free

The Molice and The Wastemen at 9 p.m. at The Union Bar and Grill, 18 W. Union St. The Molice, of Tokyo, Japan, will bring their alternative james to southeast Ohio for a special show sponsored by WLIC Hocking College Radio. They’ll be joined by Athens group The Wastemen.

Sunday

Slow Flow Yoga at 4 p.m. at Bohdi Tree Guesthouse & Studio, 8950 Lavelle Road. Finish out the weekend by taking a relaxing yoga class focused on flowing between the fundamental yoga poses. 

Admission: $10

The Wizard of Oz 80th Anniversary Show at 5 p.m. at the Athena Grand, 1008 E. State St. The Judy Garland classic is celebrating 80 years on the yellow brick road. Take a trip to the Emerald City at the Athena Grand for a special showing of the film.

Admission: $12.50

University Jazz Night at 8 p.m. at Athens Uncorked, 14 Station St. Enjoy a night full of jazz music performed by OU music students and delicious wine to go along with it. 

Admission: Free

Movies to see at The Athena Cinema, 20 S. Court St.

The Favourite (rated R): Friday, 5, 7:30 and 9:50 p.m.; Saturday, 2:40, 5 and 9:50 p.m.; Sunday, 2:40, 5, 7:30 and 9:50 p.m.

Green Book (rated PG-13): Friday, 4: 5, 7:15 and 9:40 p.m.; Saturday, 2:35, 4:45 and 9:40 p.m.; Sunday, 2:35, 4:45, 7:15 and 9:40 p.m.

If Beale Street Could Talk (rated R): Friday, 5:05, 7:25 and 9:45 p.m.; Saturday, 2:30, 7:30 and 9:45 p.m.; Sunday, 2:30, 5:05, 7:30 and 9:45 p.m..

@AliceDemith

ad441517@ohio.edu