The Russ College of Engineering and Technology.

OU executive vice president and provost announces four finalists for dean of Russ College

Executive Vice President and Provost Chaden Djalali announced Friday the four finalists for the dean of the Russ College of Engineering and Technology.

The finalists include Naira Helen Campbell-Kyureghyan, Mei Wei, Survarau De and Ajay Mahajan.

Campbell-Kyureghyan is a professor in the department of Industrial and Manufacturing at the Engineering College of Engineering & Applied Science University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. 

Wei is the associate dean for Research and Graduate Education and professor department of Materials Science and Engineering at School of Engineering Centennial Term. 

De is a professor in the School of Engineering at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He is also Head of the Department of Mechanical, Aerospace and Nuclear Engineering (MANE) and founding director of the Center for Modeling, Simulation and Imaging in Medicine (CeMSIM).

Mahajan is a professor in department of Mechanical Engineering and Biomedical Engineering at the University of Akron.

As a part of the interview process, people will be able to attend open forums to interact with the candidates. Each candidate will give a brief presentation and answer questions from students, faculty and staff. There will also be an additional forum for faculty.

The national search began in October after Dean Dennis Irwin announced his retirement for June 30. Irwin has been the dean of the Russ College for 17 years. 

Open forums for all students will take place in Stocker Hall 103. Here are a list of the forum dates:

• Naira Helen Campbell-Kyureghyan - Tuesday, Feb. 26 from 3 p.m. - 4 p.m. 
  • Mei Wei - Wednesday, Feb. 27 from 3 p.m. - 4 p.m.
  • Suvranu De - Thursday, Feb. 28 from 3 p.m. - 4 p.m. 
  • Ajay Mahajan - Friday, March 1 from 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. 

@ewagner19

ew047615@ohio.edu