Ohio’s Dominique Doseck (#10) attempts a 3-pointer over Ball State’s Jasmin Samz (#24) during the Bobcats’ game against Ball State on Feb. 2.

Women's Basketball: Stats that mattered in Ohio's 94-62 win over Ball State

Ohio defeated Ball State 92-64 Saturday afternoon in The Convo to move the Bobcats’ Mid-American Conference record to 7-2. 

The Bobcats entered halftime with a 48-29 lead and continued to dominate the second half with a career-best performance from Amani Burke, who broke Ohio’s record for 3-pointers in a single game.

11

Amount of 3-pointers made from Burke. The junior scored four 3-pointers in Ohio’s 28-point first quarter and broke her season-high when she swished her fifth just one minute into the second quarter. Her hot hand was easily the catalyst to Ohio’s quick offensive start, and she finished the game 11-for-15 from beyond the arc.

The Bobcats scored just three points in the fourth quarter of their loss Wednesday against Miami and needed a fast start to build back their offensive confidence. Burke’s fast start boosted Ohio back into its normal tempo.

27

Total turnovers from Ball State. The Bobcats had little trouble sniffing out the Cardinals’ passing lanes Saturday and forced their most turnovers in a game this season. Ball State committed 14 turnovers in the first half. 

Cece Hooks led Ohio with seven steals and scored six points on fast break. The Bobcats have struggled to find a consistent defense all season, but Saturday served as another reminder for how dominant Ohio can be when its defense shows up.

59

Combined points scored between Hooks and Burke. The duo were the clear leaders of Ohio’s blowout performance. If Hooks scored five more points, both players would have broken their career scoring highs.

Hooks and Burke shot 23-for-33 from the field, and Ball State simply had no answers to stop either of them. With Burke’s record-breaking day from 3-point range, the Cardinals had to decide whether to apply more pressure to Burke or Hooks, one of the most aggressive drivers in the MAC.

@anthonyp_2

ap012215@ohio.edu