The Dairy Barn Arts Center. (FILE)

Weekender Briefs: See the wonders of space at the OU Observatory; get inspired by the VS Pink campus crew

Friday

Public Telescope Night at 7:30 p.m. in the Ohio University Observatory at the Ridges. Enjoy incredible views of space, including possible planet sightings and star clusters. What you see will depend on the sky conditions. This event will also take place Saturday at the same time. 

Admission: Free

Presidents Madness at 11 p.m. in the Hahne Theater in Kantner Hall. Presidents Day is just around the corner, so come enjoy a short play about presidential administrations. The “Madness” series features short plays that are written, cast and performed over the course of a single week.

Admission: Free

Saturday

Coil-Built Heart Shaped Box making at 1 p.m. at the Dairy Barn Arts Center, 8000 Dairy Lane. Make an adorable Valentine’s Day treat holder to give as a gift or keep for yourself. 

Admission: $5-7, registration required

Caitlin Kraus at 7 p.m. at Little Fish Brewing Company, 8675 Armitage Road. Hear local Athens singer Caitlin Kraus perform songs of rock and folk genres. Her lyrics focus on transformation and emergence.

Admission: Free

Patchwork at 7:30 p.m. in the Glidden Recital Hall. Duo Noa Even and Stephen Klunk will perform works that have recently been commissioned for the saxophone and the drum set. The pair has performed at college campuses around the region.

Admission: Free

Moon Hooch at 8 p.m. in the Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium. The Moon Hooch Trio, comprised of Mike Wilbur, Wenzl McGowen and James Muschler, will bring positivity to life as they perform horn and percussion tunes that will get you up and dancing.

Admission: $10

Sunday

February Family Dance at 3 p.m. at ARTS/West, 132 W. State St. Enjoy music from Liz & Lynn Shaw and the Thrashers while you dance the afternoon away with your family. No experience is necessary; all dances will be taught.

Admission: $3 suggested donation

Girl Power Panel at 6 p.m. in Schoonover Center. Hosted by the Victoria’s Secret Pink campus crew, come get inspired and empowered by the team. The first 30 attendees who RSVP will get in and receive a goodie bag full of Pink gifts.

Admission: Free, RSVP required

Movies to see at The Athena Cinema, 20 S. Court St.

The Favourite (rated R): Friday, 5, 7:25 and 9:50 p.m.; Saturday, 2:40, 5, 7:25 and 9:50 p.m.; Sunday, 2:40, 5, 7:25 and 9:50 p.m.

Green Book (rated PG-13): Friday, 4:45 p.m.; Saturday, 4:45 p.m.; Sunday, 4:45 and 7:15 p.m.

If Beale Street Could Talk (rated R): Friday, 7:20 and 9:45 p.m.; Saturday, 2:30, 7:20 and 9:45 p.m.; Sunday, 2:30 and 9:45 p.m.

Stan & Ollie (rated PG): Friday, 5:05, 7:35 and 9:40 p.m.; Saturday, 2:55, 5:05, 7:35 and 9:40 p.m.; Sunday, 2:55, 5:05, 7:35 and 9:40 p.m.

@GordinMegan

mg525717@ohio.edu