10 April Fools’ Day pranks to pull on anyone

Perhaps one of the best days out of the year is April 1 — when people are allowed to unapologetically prank one another. Whether it’s a well thought out prank or one that takes little to no preparation, the payoff is always worth it. Consider using one, or more, of these 10 prank ideas in preparation for April Fools’ Day.

Non-lathering soap

Next time you’re in the bathroom, reach into the shower and grab your roommate’s bar of soap. By applying a thin layer of clear nail polish to the bar of soap, it makes it completely useless. Clear polish will make the bar of soap waterproof, so your roommate can scrub all they want, but no actual cleaning will take place. The prank will have them scratching their heads in confusion, for sure.

Wet sneeze

This super easy prank is sure to gross out whoever the victim is. Simply wet your hand with lukewarm water, stand behind a friend and let out an incredibly obnoxious sneeze. While doing so, simultaneously fling the water from your hand onto the back of their neck or arm. Your friend will think you just covered them in your snot, but after revealing the truth, they’ll hopefully forgive you.

Show off your new tattoo

This prank would be especially fun to pull off on one of your parents. The app InkHunter allows you to try on virtual tattoos so you can see how they would look on your actual body. Send a text message with a photo of your “new tattoo” to your mom or dad, and just sit back and wait for their reaction.

Confetti ceiling fan

This prank would take some careful preparation, but if you’re willing to put in the work, it’s a prank worth pulling. Cut up some paper into tons of tiny pieces and place them on top of a friend or roommate’s ceiling fan. You can either wait for them to turn the fan on themselves, or talk them into doing it. Before their very eyes the room will be covered in confetti chaos. If you’re a real friend, you’ll help them clean up the mess afterward.

Spider drawing on toilet paper

If you have any friends terrified of bugs, this is the prank for you. Simply use a marker to draw a spider-like figure on the toilet paper. Remember to roll it back up so that whoever the target is will be thoroughly terrified when they discover it while on the toilet. 

Googly eyes

A tedious but fun prank to pull on people you live with. Buy some googly eyes and put them on as many objects around the house as possible. They’ll not only look silly, but it’ll be interesting to see how long it takes for anybody to notice your ingenious prank.

Sticky notes galore

This is a pretty basic prank that which can go as big or as small as you want but still be effective. If you want to go all out, consider putting sticky notes all over your friend’s car, having it stand out amongst the many other vehicles and embarrassing them. Or you could stick to smaller items like someone’s desk, bed or books.

Drawer mix up

It doesn’t take long before people get into certain routines, and that includes putting clothes away in the same drawers every time. Try pranking your roommate by switching out their drawers with another person’s drawers in the house. If there’s only two of you, just change your roommate’s drawers around, so when they go to grab a shirt, they find their shorts instead.

Transparent food wrap

If you have multiple doorways in your home, this could be a fun prank. Take some transparent food wrap and block a doorway so when whoever is walking through walks right into the transparent screen without any warning at all. It’s a simple prank that will have everyone laughing.

Whoopie cushion

An oldie but a goodie, the classic whoopie cushion. Everyone loves a good fart prank, so take a whoopie cushion and set it underneath a couch cushion or a covered chair and just wait for the unlucky victim to take a seat. Odds are they won’t see it coming since the whoopie cushion is such an old prank. That being said, it should give you even more of a reason to bring it back.

@BayleeDeMuth

bd575016@ohio.edu