Photo via news.sky

Fun News Friday: Time traveler claims to know future president; Twitter divided over bagels

We’re now two-thirds done with spring semester, putting us in the home stretch. If you’re getting the end of semester blues or are feeling burnt out, take a deep breath and enjoy these light hearted news stories.

A Friend from the Future

A man claiming to be from the year 2045 passed a filmed lie detector test and had some strange revelations to share with the world.

The man began the test by confirming that he was from the year 2045. The word “true” appeared on the screen. 

Other claims also passed the test. Among them, the time traveller said that aliens come to Earth in 2045, dinosaurs get cloned and that Yolanda Renee King will be president of the United States. The man added that King would be regarded as the greatest U.S President in history. 

Besides taking part in a lie detector test, the time traveler also had an odd chip in his hand that he referred to as “The One”.

A Royal Find

A historian found a royal English charter issued during the period of King John’s reign, adding to a small collection of historical pieces from the period. 

The document is around 819 years old and is from King John’s first year of ruling. Currently, not even a dozen charters from King John’s first year of ruling have been found, placing the document in an esteemed spot for historians. 

The charter was found by Benjamin Pohl, who is a senior lecturer in medieval history at Durham University. Pohl found the charter in the university’s library archives. Before there was no current record of the charter existing.

The charter is dated March 26, 1200, and transfers ownership of two English hamlets. Pohl was excited to find the charter and said that it can be used to create a fuller idea of life in England during the time.

Your next dream job

A company in England is looking for a someone to travel around the world eating vegan food as their new “Director of Taste”.

The job, from Vibrant Vegan Co., says that all expenses would be paid for the Director of Taste. The new director would also receive a salary of $66,000. Locations on the trip include India, China, Turkey and Japan. The director would simply have to try the foods and provide feedback to Vibrant Vegan Co.

It is not required that the Director of Taste be vegan, although focus on plant-based ingredients when working. The position would also include up to 28 vacation days and paid sick days.

Bagel Wars

Twitter erupted after a user showed the social media platform an inventive new way to eat a bagel: in sliced bread form.

Alek Krautmann tweeted Monday that he brought bagels into work sliced like bread. Krautmann said in the tweet that it was a “St. Louis secret”, but some from the city were quick to disagree. Others, including a user who used to work for Panera, supported the idea.

Panera began to tweet about the bagel debate too. The account prompted Twitter users to share their thoughts on how a bagel should be eaten, and they also tweeted at Krautmann. 

“Hey Alek, next time bagels are on us, sliced however you’d like,” the tweet reads.

@abblawrence

am166317@ohio.edu