Ohio's Cece Hooks (#1) drives to the basket between two Buffalo defenders, Courtney Wilkins (#12) and Summer Hemphill (#0), during two teams’ game on Feb. 27. (FILE)

Women's Basketball: Three takeaways from Ohio's 76-68 win over Bowling Green

Ohio welcomed Bowling Green to The Convo for its last regular season game of the season Saturday afternoon. It was senior day and the Bobcats sent their seniors out with a 76-68 win. 

Burke coming up clutch 

Entering the fourth quarter tied at 59, Ohio needed a spark. Usually it would look to sophomore guard Cece Hooks, but Saturday it turned to her backcourt mate Amani Burke and she didn’t disappoint. The shooting guard hit a 3 that gave Ohio the lead and kickstarted a 7-0 run that gave Ohio the distance it was looking for the entire game. She would come back later and hit the game clinching 3 as she finished with 17 points.

Two point guards equal double the trouble

Ohio is spoiled to have two of the best point guards in the Mid-American Conference on its roster. Hooks and Erica Johnson both have shown their ability to make plays this season and that ability showcased itself again. The two combined for 37 points and was Ohio’s motor on both ends of the floor. 

No slack in the MAC

The last seed in the conference shouldn’t give one of the top seeds so much trouble, but that’s how it’s been the entire season. In both meetings with the Falcons, Ohio has struggled, but so have a lot of teams. This proves that the MAC is as deep as ever this year and everybody has shot at the conference tournament title.

@JL_Kirven

jk810916@ohio.edu