An OUPD cruiser parked outside the department’s headquarters in Scott Quad. (FILE)

Police Blotter: Fruit thrown at OU student's door; woman drunkenly passes out in Rite Aid parking lot

An apple a day is supposed to keep the doctor away, but some people may have taken the phrase a little too literally. 

The Ohio University Police Department took a report for criminal mischief Saturday. A student in Sargent Hall said apples were thrown at her door and bananas were left on her door handle. 

Lean on me 

While on patrol Sunday at about 1 a.m., an OUPD officer observed a man leaning against a fence on Carpenter Street near Congress Street. 

He was unsteady on his feet; had bloodshot, glassy eyes; and smelled of alcohol. The student was arrested and issued a citation for disorderly conduct by intoxication. He was transported to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail. 

Who do you know here?

On Saturday at about 9 p.m., a student attempted to gain access to an unoccupied building on campus, according to an OUPD report. 

The student had glossy eyes, smelled of alcohol and said his friends were in the building. He presented a fake Maryland ID when asked to identify himself to OUPD. He was charged with underage consumption and possession of a fake ID. 

Roommate goals

OUPD responded to Bromley Hall on Friday at about midnight at the request of a student who said her roommate was passed out in her own vomit. 

The student could not stand on her own and needed assistance going to the bathroom. She was speaking and moving slowly and had dried vomit in her hair and on her clothes. She was issued a citation for disorderly conduct by intoxication and was transported to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail. 

This is a beech

The Athens County Sheriff’s office received a call Monday from a Beechwood Drive resident who said her vehicles were entered overnight. Loose change and a bottle of ibuprofen were stolen. 

The Sheriff’s Office received another report Monday from a Beechwood Drive resident saying someone had entered his vehicle overnight. Nothing was reported missing. The person, however, had made a mess in the vehicle and left compartments and consoles open. 

You can’t miss him

Jefferson Marketplace staff reported a theft by a “tall male” to OUPD on Saturday at about 3 p.m., according to the report.

The man was identified and had stolen some merchandise from the market. Following an investigation, the student was cited for theft.

Rite on time

The sheriff’s office responded to Rite Aid in The Plains for a report of a suspicious person. 

Deputies found a woman, who was highly intoxicated, lying in the parking lot. She was placed under arrest for disorderly conduct by intoxication and transported to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail. 

Smoke and hacked

The Sheriff’s Office patrolled Bessemer Road on a complaint of smoke Saturday. 

The caller also said his phone may have been hacked. People claim that when they call him, it’s being answered as a strange business. 

Clifford?

The sheriff’s office received a complaint from Harper Street in The Plains on Sunday for a large dog that was running around the neighborhood. 

The area was patrolled, but no dog was located. 

Just sleepy

The sheriff’s office responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle on Oakdale Road in Glouster on Thursday. The complainant said people were sleeping inside the car. 

Upon making contact with the driver, he told deputies he was sleepy and had pulled over to rest. No criminal activity was observed. 

@megchriistine

mc199517@ohio.edu