Texting in Class: Spring has sprung

Spring is here and I think everyone will agree with me when I say it already feels so much better than Winter. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and everyone is here for the warm weather. We can finally kick the winter weather blues and get ourselves outside. If you’re done with classes for the day and have some time on your hands and want to start getting into the spring mood there’s plenty of things you can do around campus to get you going.

Put on some comfy walking clothes and get to moving sister. Take your mind off of studying and either go to the gym for an hour or just take a walk around campus. The campus here is so pretty, especially now with all the trees starting to open up and the buds are coming on, it’s really nice to just take a look around campus and see something new that you didn’t know was here. 

If you want to go to the gym but don’t have a workout buddy and you don’t really know how to use the equipment they have a pretty nice track on the top floor that you can just walk around and listen to music as you go. They also offer workout classes throughout the week at different times and they do a handful of different workouts, anything from HIIT to yoga so there’s a little something for everyone. Don’t be intimidated to go into the gym because you don’t know how to use the fancy equipment,  just act confident to be there and no one can tell the difference. I do it all the time. If you do decide to walk around campus there’s a ton of places to walk and things to see. If you want a defined path to walk on there’s the path that runs beside the river and goes for a long distance. Run, walk, bike you could do any of those things and get your mind off of school for a little bit while having some relaxing time to yourself. 

Maybe you’re looking for things to do with a group of friends there’s always Strouds Run but you will need a car to get there. There’s all kinds of things to do there on a nice day. You could go hiking with a group of friends, swimming or boating but that’s all depending on what you’re up for that day. If you’re looking for a more indoor thing to do then check out what’s playing at The Athena uptown or the Athena Grand over on east state street. There’s never a bad time to see a movie, get some friends together and have a girls day. 

If you’re thinking more along the lines of a little relaxing alone time for yourself to destress then go find some trees and set up a hammock. If you’ve never gone hammocking I highly suggest it, it’s seriously so relaxing and with the warm air and a good book you can consider yourself relaxed in no time. There’s also nothing wrong with wanting to stay in, don’t make yourself feel like you have to go outside to enjoy the amazing weather. After your homework is done and you have nothing else to do pull your hair up, get on some comfy clothes and some music and start to tidy up your room a little. It is spring after all and a little spring cleaning never hurt nobody. Start by opening up your window if you can or just pull the blinds up and blast some happy tunes. Afterwards you’ll feel so much better and like you have your life in order. Maybe after everything is done you can walk Uptown and treat yourself to lunch or a nice iced coffee. 

Rachel Laher is an undecided freshman studying at Ohio University. Please note that the views and opinions of the columnists do not reflect those of The Post. Want to talk to Rachel? Email her rl218617@ohio.edu.