Things are looking tough for Jafael shippers on ‘Jane The Virgin.’ (Photo via @TheValleyCW on Twitter)

TV Review: Rafael watches history repeat itself on ‘Jane The Virgin’

In usual Jane The Virgin fashion, this week’s episode is full of stress and anxiety. 

First is the overwhelming fact that Michael (Brett Dier) got his memories back and, just before he’s about to leave, decides to tell Jane (Gina Rodriguez) he still loves her and wants to be with her. 

A significant part of the episode is spent with Jane trying to decide whether or not to send in her divorce papers with Michael. She turns to Petra (Yael Grobglas) for help, then — after drunkenly mailing the divorce papers — chases down the mailman to get them back. 

Though Jafael shippers are in for a bumpy ride in the final season, one great thing to come out of the episode is J.R. (Rosario Dawson) and Petra getting back together. J.R. is so good for Petra, and they seem to be so much happier together. 

As if the relationship drama wasn’t stressful enough, Xiomara (Andrea Navedo) finished her last day of chemotherapy, only to collapse after dancing the cutest dance number ever with Mateo (Elias Janssen) at his Grandparents’ Day party. The episode ends with Rogelio (Jaime Camil) spending the night with her in the hospital. 

Jane ends up not being able to send the divorce papers. Though she wants to, she is confused about her feelings for Michael and whether or not she should go back to him or stay with Rafael (Justin Baldoni). 

Rafael knows Jane is confused, but he remembers what it was like watching Jane choose Michael over him in the past and how badly it hurt him. He asks Jane to leave until she figures out what she wants officially so he doesn’t get hurt again. 

“I got my memories back, too, Jane, and you know what I remember?” Rafael said. “Waiting for you to pick Michael almost killed me.”

Mateo overhears Jane and Rafael talking and tells Jane he wants to stay with Rafael. Jane leaves, realizing that she is living her worst nightmare. 

Each episode is looking more and more bleak for Jafael. 

Here’s how audiences reacted on Twitter:

Jane the Virgin airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on The CW.

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu