Ohio's Katie Yun throws the ball to a teammate during the Bobcats’ game against Bowling Green on March 22. The Bobcats won 7-2.

Softball: Kent State scouting report and how to watch

After getting swept in Mid-American Conference series for the first time in three years, the Bobcats return home looking to bounce back.

Ohio (25-15, 6-5 MAC) is coming off a weekend series with Central Michigan in which the Bobcats were unable to come away with a victory. The series with the Chippewas derailed Ohio’s momentum, as the defending MAC champions had started 6-2 in conference play prior to running into Central Michigan.

The Bobcats return to Athens for one game before starting another four-game road stretch. Following that, Ohio has one last home series on April 26 and 27 against rival Miami.

Game Information 

Opponent: Kent State Golden Flashes (16-18, 6-2 MAC)

First Pitch: 2 p.m.

Venue: Ohio Softball Field

How to watch: ohiobobcats.com

Meet the opponent

In The Circle

No. 26 Andrea Scali (11-6, 3.25 ERA, 101.1 IP, 151 SO)

No. 25 Madi Huck (4-8, 6.36 ERA, 69.1 IP, 31 SO)

No. 10 Anilese Kelly (1-3, 8.80 ERA, 24.2 IP, 15 SO)

On Deck

No. 4 Kennadie Goth (79 AB, .342 avg., two RBI)

No. 7 Bailey Brownfield (97 AB, .340 avg., 19 RBI)

No. 11 Maria Cegledy (85 AB, .318 avg., 15 RBI)

Last time out

The Bobcats and the Golden Flashes split a doubleheader at Kent State on April 2. In Game One, Kent State came out on top in a low-scoring 2-1 affair. In Game Two, Ohio’s offense came alive and carried the team to a 10-2 victory in five innings.

Recent Games

Following its doubleheader with the Bobcats, Kent State swept a weekend series with Western Michigan in Kalamazoo and, as a result, now sit atop the MAC standings.

The Golden Flashes did not need a high-powered offense to sweep the Broncos, as they did not score more than six runs in all three games. Kent State was instead led to victory on the back of its pitching, as Scali notched 22 strikeouts in the two games she played.

@TylerHJohnson7

tj932016@ohio.edu

Tyler Johnson

Sports