Police Blotter: Drunken students arrested with fake IDs; woman dances naked in the road

A fake ID may get you into bars, but it also can get you into jail.

On Friday at about 2 a.m., custodial staff members at Morton Hall called the Ohio University Police Department to report an intoxicated student in the first-floor women’s restroom. 

He was unsure of his whereabouts, smelled of alcohol and was unsteady on his feet. Upon investigation, the student was found to have a fake ID that made it appear that he 21 years old, according to the report. He was arrested for underage consumption by intoxication and  possession of a fake ID. He was transported to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail, pending his sobriety.

While on patrol, OUPD officers observed a student behind McCracken Hall at about 1 a.m. on Saturday.

He smelled like alcohol, was slurring his speech, unsteady on his feet and did not know where he was. Two fake Michigan IDs were collected from the student and marked for destruction. He was charged with underage consumption by intoxication and transported to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail pending his sobriety.

Church is on Sunday

On Saturday at about 2 a.m., an OUPD officer came into contact with a student behind the Christ Lutheran Church.

He smelled like alcohol, was slurring his speech and was unsteady on his feet. He also did not know his location or where he lived. He was charged with disorderly conduct by intoxication and transported to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail, pending his sobriety. 

Dancing Queen

The sheriff’s office was dispatched to Alderman Road on Monday regarding a possibly intoxicated naked woman who was dancing in the road. 

Once contact was made, the woman was fully clothed and did not appear to be under the influence of any alcohol or drugs. She said she was out on a morning run and enjoys dancing while she runs. No further actions were needed. 

#CreditCardNumbers Fest

The sheriff’s office took a walk-in report on Sunday regarding a purse theft from Numbers Fest on Monday. 

The woman said she had lost her purse and someone had started using her credit card to make purchases in Athens. This case is under investigation. 

Hitchhiking

The sheriff’s office was called to Rainbow Lake Road on Thursday for a report of a suspicious person. 

The caller said she had heard someone outside her kitchen window. She also said she spoke with her neighbor, who said he had spoken to a man walking down the road wearing a backpack and carrying a walking stick. Deputies patrolled the area with negative contact. 

The lights would flicker on and off

The sheriff’s office received a report of a possible prowler at East First Street in The Plains on Thursday. 

Deputies met with the complainant who said an outside light on a building had turned on and off repeatedly. Deputies discovered that the light was a motion sensor light. Deputies checked the building and property and found no suspicious activity. 

My phone’s on 1 percent

The sheriff’s office received a report of a suspicious man at a North Plains Road business last Wednesday. 

The subject was reportedly asking for a phone charger and acting as if they were under the influence of drugs. Deputies spoke with the complainant who said the subject had left around the time of the call. Deputies patrolled the area and were unsuccessful in finding the subject. 

@megchriistine

mc199517@ohio.edu