A customer exits Donkey Coffee, 17 1/2 W. Washington St., with a cup of coffee in hand. (FILE)

Weekender Briefs: Celebrate Easter with an egg hunt at Little Fish; attend a fiesta for a good cause

Friday

On-Campus Farmer’s Market at 11 a.m. at Howard Park. Come stock up on fresh produce from local Athens vendors at the top of Jeff Hill. The event is sponsored by Ohio University Community Engagement Programs.

Admission: Free

Allie Austin at 8 p.m. at Donkey Coffee and Espresso, 17 1/2 W. Washington St. Come listen to an OU alumna play some tunes while sipping on your favorite Donkey drink. 

Admission: Free

Seabury Quinn, Jr. Playwrights’ Festival at 8 p.m. in the Elizabeth Evans Baker Theater in Kantner Hall. Enjoy works written by graduate students in the OU School of Theater, with performances spanning two weeks. See Stitched with a Sickle and a Hammer by Inna Tsyrlin on Friday evening. 

Admission: Free with OU ID; $10 for adults and $7 for other students/seniors

Fiesta Latina at 9 p.m. at The Union Bar and Grill, 18 W. Union St. It’s hosted by the Latino Student Union at OU, and you can enjoy a fun evening in which the proceeds made will go towards building a house in Ecuador and fighting chagas disease. 

Admission: $5

Saturday

Saturday Series: CLDC Certificates at 10 a.m. in Baker Center 366. Take advantage of the last opportunity this semester to complete all the workshop requirements involved with earning the Professional Leadership and 21st Century Leadership certificates through the Career and Leadership Development Center.

Admission: Free

Pride Graduation at noon in Baker Center 240. Honor the LGBTQ+ individuals in this year’s graduating class with a special ceremony hosted by the OU LGBT Center. A reception will follow the ceremony. 

Admission: Free

Fiber Community Studios: Snakes for Earth Day at 1 p.m. at The Dairy Barn Arts Center, 8000 Dairy Lane. Appreciate what snakes do for the Earth and make one to take home. Small children will best be able to complete the project with the help of an adult.

Admission: $5-$7

Amethystone with special guest Megan Bee at 6 p.m. at Casa Nueva, 6 W. State St. Enjoy an evening with good food and music by rock group Amethystone and Athens folk singer Megan Bee.

Admission: Free

Sunday

Little Fish Easter Egg Hunt at 1 p.m. at Little Fish Brewing Company, 8675 Armitage Road. What better way to celebrate Easter than with an egg hunt complete with prizes? Kids 3 and under will hunt at 1 p.m., and everyone older will hunt at 2 p.m. Kids can drink ginger ale and juice for free all day.

Admission: Free

The Evening Show: Live Filming at 5:30 p.m. in Baker Center Theater. See the stars of Athens’ favorite comedy talk show film live for the first time in two years.

Admission: Free

@GordinMegan

mg525717@ohio.edu