Ariana Grande and Vogue’s music video for “in my head” gives an inside view into Grande’s psyche. (Photo via @billboard on Twitter)

Twitter Reactions: Vogue and Ariana Grande explore an up-close feel for the ‘In My Head’ music video

Ariana Grande’s release of her album, thank u, next, gave audiences an extremely personal look into Grande’s mind post rapper Mac Miller’s death and the end of her engagement with comedian Pete Davidson. 

“In My Head,” a song off thank u, next, talks about Grande’s mental creation of the person she wanted to be with and then finding out who the person actually is. Following suit with the intimately personal feel of the album and the song, the music video is a personal invitation into Grande’s mind. 

The Vogue cover music video, directed by Bardia Zeinali, highlights Grande’s life under the microscope by getting up close and personal with the singer. The video represents how claustrophobic Grande’s life can get not only mentally but in her general lifestyle. Dressed to impress from head-to-toe with her signature high ponytail and thigh-high boots, Grande gave the video her all. 

The video is a creative take on Grande’s psyche, with beautiful lighting design, intimate singing and camera isolation of certain parts on Grande’s body. It’s a clever take on the idea of the song that is definitely more than your typical pop song. 

Here’s how audiences reacted on Twitter: 

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu