Members of the Ohio University Board of Trustees meet in 2019 in Walter Hall (FILE:). 

Director of new Fraternity and Sorority Life department announced

The Division of Student Affairs announced Tuesday that it has selected Ariel Tarosky to be the first director of its new Fraternity and Sorority Life department. 

Tarosky currently serves as director of education and communication for Triangle Fraternity, a men’s STEM organization in Plainfield, Indiana. 

She first began working in Greek life in 2010 as coordinator of fraternity and sorority life at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh. She also served as director of fraternity and sorority life at Coastal Carolina University from 2013 to 2015.

Tarosky will be responsible for all aspects of Greek life on campus. As director, she will oversee more than 2,400 students, 34 organizations and 14 percent of the student body who participate in Greek life. 

“That first year is going to be so much about building relationships and collaborating with other departments, not just the campus community but the Athens community,” Tarosky said in a university press release. “I need to immerse myself and talk to students about what they want from their Greek experience.”

The change is made in response to recommendations made by RISE Partnerships, an external Greek life leadership company based in New York, according to the release.

“We are excited by the experience, vision and energy Ariel brings to the table and are thrilled to welcome her to Athens and the Bobcat family as the first director of Sorority and Fraternity Life,” Dean of Students Jenny Hall-Jones said in a press release.

Tarosky will begin work as the first director of Sorority and Fraternity Life on Aug. 1.

@NolanSimmons37 

ns622217@ohio.edu