‘Stranger Things 3’ breaks Netflix record; Lotsa Stone Fired Pizza on Court Street has closed

Today is Friday, July 12. Here’s what you need to know:

Happy summer! 

One of Netflix’s most popular shows, Stranger Things, released its third season on July 4, and within the first four days of availability, the show broke the record for the most views in the first four days after release. 

According to a report from CNBC, 40.7 million households have been watching the third installment of the show, and 18.2 million have completed the entire season. This puts Stranger Things 3 as the most viewed out of any movie or show on Netflix within the first four days. 

The supernatural, ’80s nostalgic show’s third season has eight episodes, revolving around the kids’ summer break. After defeating the mind flayer in the previous season, the Hawkins, Indiana, kids are about to face their biggest battle yet, when the mind flayer finds a new host and begins to create an army to take down Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown) and the town of Hawkins. 

To compare, 19 million viewers in the United States alone watched the Game of Thrones finale when it was first broadcast on HBO. 

Stranger Things 3 is available to stream on Netflix. 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Here’s what you’ve missed from The Post:

Lotsa Stone Fired Pizza on Court Street has closed after not being able to keep up business. (The Post)

The Tony Award-winning musical, Hadestown, is a phenomenon that is fully charged with talent, love and subtle politics. (The Post)

The newest Marvel installment, Spider-Man: Far From Home, is a box-office hit and showcases the acting chops of Tom Holland and Jake Gyllenhaal. (The Post)

A Mulan live-action remake is in the works, but fans are frustrated by the lack of singing and the character Mushu. (The Post)

The U.S. women’s national soccer team won the FIFA World Cup, but based on its finals performance, did it deserve it? (The Post)

You might also want to know…

A Republican candidate for Mississippi governor has refused to be interviewed by a female reporter without a male chaperone in attendance. (BBC)

The Google Translate app is getting some much needed updates that will make the app easier to use. (PhoneArena)

WarnerMedia will be launching its streaming service, HBO Max, next spring, and it will become the permanent home of Friends. (Wall Street Journal)

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu