After directing ‘Thor: Ragnarok,‘ Taika Waititi is back to direct the forthcoming ‘Thor 4.’ (Photo via @IndieWire on Twitter) 

Twitter Reactions: Taika Waititi to write and direct 4th ‘Thor’ film

Marvel movies have taken audiences for a roller coaster ride this year, with Captain Marvel introducing the newest and arguably the most powerful Avenger; Endgame breaking Marvel fans’ hearts; and Spider-Man: Far From Home giving audiences a much-needed, two-hour dose of Tom Holland. 

Now, audiences are more excited than ever for the record-breaking Marvel film, Thor 4

Taika Waititi is set to write and direct the film, after directing Thor: Ragnarok. He also starred alongside Chris Hemsworth as Korg in Ragnarok and Endgame

After Thor: Ragnarok, Waititi has plenty of experience in the MCU and with the god of thunder himself. Though the film is currently untitled and has little information regarding the plot, Chris Hemsworth is completely on board and set to star in the fourth Thor installment.

In addition to the exciting announcement of a fourth Thor film, some records were broken. The fourth Thor installment officially means that Thor has the most solo movies out of any character in the MCU. Captain America and Iron Man both only had three, so Thor is the first to break through that barrier. 

With all of the excitement, however, comes the sad realization that in light of Endgame events and the fact that Tom Hiddleston is now moving to Broadway to star in a play, Loki will probably not return to the fourth installment of Thor. Right now, it’s looking like the sun really won’t shine on these two brothers again. 

Audiences are excited to see what Waititi will do with the film and even more excited to see Thor back on the big screen, even if Loki is absent. 

Here’s how audiences reacted on Twitter:

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu