A group of Ohio Brew Week attendees pose for a photo during the Last Call block party on Court Street.

Weekender Briefs: Celebrate Ohio Brew Week at the Street Festival; check out a must-see new musical

Friday

Brew BQ at 4 p.m. at The Athens Train Depot on W. Union Street, across from Cat’s Corner, 110 W Union St. Celebrate Brew Week with a night of food, music, and, of course, craft beer.

Admission: Free

Colleen Carow and Julia Martin with Elisabeth Beckwitt at 6 p.m. at Little Fish Brewing Company, 8675 Armitage Road. Listen to some tunes from women who tell their stories through their music.

Admission: Free

The Hunchback of Notre Dame at 7:30 p.m. at The Forum Theater, 19 S. College St. See the new musical presented by the Ohio Valley Summer Theater. The show will also be performed at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday and 2:00 p.m. on Sunday.

Admission: $15 general admission; $12 for people under 12 or over 60

Adam Remnant, Rebecca Rego and Sweat Workers at 8 p.m. at The Union Bar and Grill, 18 W. Union St. Enjoy some alternative folk tunes from three different acts.

Admission: $5

Saturday

Athens Summer Tea Party at 11 a.m. at The Ohio University Inn, 331 Richland Ave. Bring any children you know to learn tea party etiquette and play fun games.

Admission: $30 per child

Last Call Street Festival at 12 p.m. on Court Street. Keep the Ohio Brew Week festivities going by attending the block party, complete with music, food and beer, going all the way from the Carpenter to Washington ends.

Admission: Free

Sunday

Little Fish Yoga at 11 a.m. at Little Fish Brewing Company. Bring your own mat to this yoga session, which welcomes all skill levels.

Admission: Donation-based

Movies to see at The Athena Cinema, 20 S. Court St.

The Dead Don’t Die (rated R): Friday, 5:15 and 9:45 p.m.; Saturday, 5:15 and 9:45 p.m.; Sunday, 2:50 and 7:35 p.m.

Echo in the Canyon (rated PG-13): Friday, 7:30 p.m.; Saturday, 3:10 and 7:30 p.m.; Sunday, 3:10 and 5:15 p.m.

The Last Black Man In San Francisco (rated R): Friday, 5:05, 7:25 and 9:35 p.m.; Saturday, 5:05, 7:25 and 9:35 p.m.; Sunday, 5:05 and 7:25 p.m.

Wild Rose (rated R): Friday, 5:10, 7:20 and 9:50 p.m.; Saturday, 2:45, 5:10, 7:20 and 9:50 p.m.; Sunday, 2:45, 5:10 and 7:20 p.m.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (rated G): Saturday, 3 p.m.

@GordinMegan

mg525717@ohio.edu