Mike Posner’s walk across America is an inspirational journey for people following along. (Photo via @njdotcom on Twitter) 

7 inspirational moments from Mike Posner’s walk across America

2019 has been the year of Mike Posner. On Jan. 18, 2019, Posner released the life-changing album, A Real Good Kid, which dove into the raw story of his struggles after the losses of his father and dear friend, Avicii. On Feb. 2, shortly after the release of his album, he announced on Twitter his plan to walk across America starting in Asbury Park, New Jersey, and ending in Venice Beach, California.

After months of training, Posner took the first steps of his roughly 3,000 mile journey on April 15, 2019. 

Since, he has travelled over 1,900 miles and has kept his fans updated via Twitter. Some fans have even come out and joined him along the way. Although he has endured many setbacks on his walk, including getting bitten by a rattlesnake, he always keeps going and encourages his fans to do the same. Here are seven tweets where Mike Posner has inspired us to “KEEP GOING”: 

A little rain has never hurt anyone

Posner continues to stay full of energy during a little rain and reassure us that the harder life gets, the more we should shine. 

People will always try to tear you down 

People will always be there to judge you, but always remember, they are only there to tear you down because you’re doing something they’re not. 

Never stop, keep going 

After 900 miles, Posner isn’t ready to stop. The small accomplishments on the way to reaching a big goal often remind us how rewarding hard work can be. 

Complaining won’t get you further in life

Along his journey, Posner has stayed true to himself and his fans. He admits the walk is difficult but nothing worthwhile was ever accomplished by complaining. 

Setbacks are inevitable...

Even after getting bitten by a rattlesnake on his journey, Posner has remained optimistic, and he’s steadily recovering as he continues his journey. 

…but they don’t mean you can give up

From walking over 20 miles a day to barely being able to walk at all, Posner doesn’t use that as an excuse to give up. He continues to work hard even in the face of adversity. 

Just keep going 

Even after the snakebite and any other setbacks, Posner is continuing his walk and showing off his moves—and absolutely killing it, we may add. 

@lexilepof

ll653118@ohio.edu