Ohio’s Papi White celebrates a touchdown against Bowling Green on Saturday, Oct. 20, 2018. (FILE)

Football: Checking in on Ohio alumni in the NFL

The Bobcats had seven former players join NFL teams in training camp during August. Here's the current status of each player after teams finalized their 53-man rosters Saturday.

T.J. Carrie

Carrie, a six-year NFL veteran, is set to have another key role at cornerback with the Cleveland Browns this season. He's the most experienced player among Browns cornerbacks and could see significant snaps at the slot position.

Quentin Poling

Poling, who's Ohio's all-time solo tackles leader, spent last season on the Miami Dolphins practice squad after they selected the linebacker in the seventh round of the 2018 NFL draft. He was cut by the Dolphins on Saturday and is currently a free agent.

Papi White

White, a wide receiver, signed with the Tennessee Titans as an undrafted free agent in July and made three receptions for 39 yards in four preseason games. He was cut by the Titans after training camp and was re-signed to their practice squad.

Joe Lowery

Lowery signed with the Chicago Bears as an undrafted free agent in April. He played primarily at left tackle with the Bobcats, but the Bears gave Lowery reps at right guard throughout training camp. Lowery was cut by the Bears on Saturday and is a free agent.

A.J. Ouellette

Ohio's third all-time leading rusher spent time with the New Orleans Saints, Kansas City Chiefs and Green Bay Packers before spending the bulk of training camp with the Browns. Ouellette stuck around in Cleveland and made 10 carries for 24 yards in two preseason games, but he was cut by the team Saturday.

Tarell Basham

Ohio’s all-time sacks leader will start his third NFL season with the New York Jets as a third-string linebacker. Basham was drafted by the Indianapolis Colts in the third round of the 2017 NFL draft before he was was waived and claimed by the Jets last October. He has appeared in 26 games and has made 15 tackles and two sacks in his career. 

Casey Sayles

Sayles signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers for training camp after a stint with the Birmingham Iron in the now-defunct Alliance of American Football. He was cut by the Steelers on Saturday. 

@anthonyp_2

ap012215@ohio.edu