5 tips to rock your OU gameday look

Football season is in full swing and with tons of tailgating and cheering comes the chance to show off your fashion skills. Games are the perfect place to wear your cutest Ohio University-themed outfits, but it can be tough to pick out just the right outfit to show your school spirit while also looking fashionable. Here’s a list of some style essentials and how to style them to look your absolute best:

Shirts and sweatshirts, and how to style them

The first step to creating any cute outfit is by finding the perfect top. If it’s hot, a tank top or T-shirt. If it’s cold, a cute long sleeve or sweatshirt. What really puts you over the edge is cutting a T-shirt or sweatshirt to be cropped or have cute designs. There are tons of ways to cut and style a T-shirt or sweatshirt, including cropped, fringe or knotted, but here some other alternatives:

Pants create the tone of the outfit

After picking the perfect shirt or sweatshirt, the pants are the determinant of what kind of outfit you’re going for. If you’re trying to look sporty, you could wear athletic shorts or leggings; if you’re going for a more cute and fashionable look, you could go for cute jeans or a jean skirt; or if you’re going for something casual, you could just do jean shorts. The pants will create what kind of look you’re going for, because it’s possible to make any shirt look cute with the right completion of the look.

Comfortable shoes can save you

Even if you’re going for the fashionable look, it’s still a football game where you’ll be standing in the bleachers or walking around the whole time. Try a pair of tennis shoes, Converse, Vans or sandals, it’s possible to still wear fashionable shoes while being completely comfortable. In the case of a football game, this comfort is necessary. Who wants to endure a football game with swollen and hurt feel the entire time? 

Accessories are key

To complete any good outfit, you need the right accessories. You don’t have to go crazy, since it’s still just a football game, but if your outfit choice falls under fashionable instead of athletic then accessorizing is key. Throw on a necklace, a couple of rings and maybe a cute bracelet or two and you’re all set.

Face paint is the final touch

The final touch that will really put you over the edge is some OU-themed face paint. OU’s colors are hunter green and white, so putting dots around your eyes and eyebrows, wearing eye black in OU colors or even putting a Bobcat paw sticker on your face will make for the perfect addition to any football outfit. 

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu