Cuffing season is upon us, so it’s time to find your perfect match. (Photo provided via @wearonemtp on Twitter)

Your most compatible zodiac sign for cuffing season

Fall is embraced by the vibrancy of the leaves, the warmth of a hot coffee and the softness of your favorite flannel or fur coat. It’s a beautiful time of year, until you realize one thing: It’s cuffing season. Yep, it’s Netflix and chill(y) time, folks. 

While it’s okay to brave the winter months alone, romance is in the air and you might suddenly find yourself catching all the couple-y feelings. Whether you're trying to get cuffed up or considering a seasonal fling, look to the stars for your ideal match to cozy up to this fall. Here is your most compatible zodiac sign for cuffing season:

Aries (March 21 – April 19)

Ideal match: Sagittarius

As the first sign of the zodiac, it’s no surprise that Aries are the leaders in every crowd. The fire sign is always in the limelight and would much rather find a good party than settle down for commitment. You love attention, so why not turn heads with that someone special? A Sagittarius will be the bliss point that matches your social-butterfly attitude and passionate emotions. 

Taurus (April 20 – May 20)

Ideal match: Capricorn

Ruled by Venus, the planet of love, Taurus rightfully earns its title as the hopeless romantic of the zodiac. Cuffing season can be good in theory for Taurus, but can end in a broken heart for those under the sign that fall too fast. The Earth sign needs someone who is bubbly and out-going, but is also as dependable and loyal as they are. Luckily, Capricorn is your match made in cuffing season heaven. Don’t be surprised if the match weathers far past the cuffing months.

Gemini (May 21 – June 20)

Ideal match: Leo

Naturally, Gemini is a sign that is intellectual about life and dynamic in their choices. You might shy away from a holiday-only relationship, but a Leo is certainly worth your time. Bring some fire into your life for a match that will bring out your inner child and spark up your love life. 

Cancer (June 21 – July 22)

Ideal match: Pisces

Cancer, the Moonchild of the zodiac, usually has a traditional yet home-loving nature. Although you like to hide in your shell of inner comfort, you love having emotional connections with people, even for short periods. Ideally, your cuffing season sweetheart should be with someone who matches your shy but outgoing personality. Insert: Pisces. Both water signs are always looking for something meaningful and passionate, even if it just means cozying up for the next few months.

Leo (July 23 – Aug. 22)

Ideal match: Gemini

As the most ambitious and prideful sign, cuffing season is the perfect time for Leo. Whether you're looking for something serious or casual, you have fun in the process either way. Strong, loving and passionate, the fire sign needs someone as whimsical as they are. Gemini will tag along for spontaneous fun, but will also add much needed stability and comfort in your life, as well.

Virgo (Aug. 23 – Sept. 22)

Ideal match: Scorpio

Undeniably, Virgo is the most independent sign of the zodiac. Since cuffing season is only a few short months, the concept contradicts the loyal and serious manner you take with relationships. It’s easy to be cautious about getting too attached, but a Scorpio might change your mind. Both signs radiate confidence in a crowd but also value a quiet atmosphere (*cough perfect cuddle material cough*). 

Libra (Sept. 23 – Oct. 22)

Ideal match: Aquarius

Lucky for you, the stars in your sign are aligned as we enter Libra season. You love to surround the holidays with friends and loved ones, but why not go out of your comfort zone this cuffing season? After all, it might be exciting to have someone special to watch horror movies with on Halloween or share a mistletoe moment with. Aquarius will match all angles of yourself including your social personality and love for the important people in your life.

Scorpio (Oct. 23 – Nov. 21)

Ideal match: Virgo

Cuffing season was truly made for the Scorpios of the world. Mysterious and emotional, you are not someone to let people in so easily. As a sign who rarely catches strong feelings, you’re always down for a short-term relationship. This season, you might have a change of heart if you encounter a Virgo, who portrays all the traits that are needed in lasting relationships. Both signs are deeply passionate and work well as a team. Keep your eye out for a game-changing Virgo in the near future. 

Sagittarius (Nov. 22 – Dec. 21)

Ideal match: Aries

Sagittarians are impossible to miss because they’re always in the middle of a crowd. You’re all about having fun and living in the moment. If you participate in cuffing season, you’re usually just looking for someone to chill with. You won’t be easy to cuff, but an Aries will perfectly match your extroverted persona and casual nature.

Capricorn (Dec. 22 – Jan. 19)

Ideal match: Taurus

People are naturally drawn to you due to your ability to speak your mind. You exert hardwork and dedication in every area of your life, including your relationships. As an Earth sign, you prefer long-term relationships that will last far beyond the constraints of cuffing season. Often times, Capricorns easily faces inner conflict about the fate of their love life. This cuffing season, a Taurus will ease your mind by bringing peace of mind and solace into your life. 

Aquarius (Jan. 20 – Feb. 18)

Ideal match: Libra

Aquarians are unpredictable in their manner and have a reputation of being independent and detached. Nothing says casual fling to the air sign better than cuffing season. This year, your cuffing season sweetie should be someone as free-spirited and energetic as you are. Libra would perfectly compliment your outgoing personality for a relaxed and seasonal fling.

Pisces (Feb. 19 – March 20)

Ideal match: Cancer

Pisces, you emotional creature, you. The casual and harmless nature that revolves around cuffing season is usually something the water sign will swim away from. However, Pisces usually can’t help but fantasize about how romantic the time of year is. While getting cuffed up is all fun in theory, it’s not hard for you to fall completely head-over-heels. Don’t worry, Cancer is your silver lining during cuffing season. Thankfully, the sign is as highly emotional and dreamy as you are.

Happy cuffing!

@maadilewellyn

ml203417@ohio.edu