Athens quarterback Landon Wheatley (#18) continues on as Brayden Markins (#13) tackles Logan wide receiver Colten Castle (#9) to the ground at the Athens High School home football game against The Logan Chieftains in Athens, Ohio on Oct. 4, 2019.

Athens Football: Bulldogs look to bounce back against Meigs

Athens lost 46-20 at Logan last week. Prior to its Week 6 game, the Bulldogs were on a two-game win streak, and the season seemed to be turning around at a pivotal point. 

The Bulldogs, once again, will attempt to regather and get back on the winning side, as they host Meigs in a critical Tri-Valley Conference game.

Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. this Friday at R Basil Rutter Field. 

How to listen: 

970 WATH will have a radio broadcast for Friday’s matchup. 

News and notes: 

- Athens, (2-4, 2-0 TVC-Ohio) despite its lack of nonconference wins, have a strong chance to win the conference title. The Bulldogs are currently undefeated in conference play and are in third place among the teams.

- Meigs (1-5, 0-3 TVC-Ohio) is currently in last place in the TVC. 

- Meigs’ offense has had better moments in the program’s history. It averages 17.1 points per game after six weeks of play. While the Marauders’ offense is suspect, so is the Bulldogs’ defense.

- Through six games, Athens has allowed on average 30.5 points per game, and in its four losses, the average margin of defeat was by two touchdowns. 

- Defensive tackle Isaiah Butcher did not play for the second straight week. It is unknown if he will be back for Week 7.  

@official_ZZ_

zz648318@ohio.edu